Recent content by MrMrRubic

1. M

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Seagate ST320004 NEO2000 and Seagate ST320004CLAR2000 :)
  2. M

Server 2019 Datacenter: Tiered storage: Failed to create virtual disk - Not Supported

Allright: i made a Server 2012R2 Win2Go drive, booted into that, and made the vDisk without problem, so this have to be a server 2019 issue.
  3. M

Server 2019 Datacenter: Tiered storage: Failed to create virtual disk - Not Supported

Tried same number of ssd/hdd AutoNumberOfColumns, same error.
  4. M

tried GUI with 10 and 100gb which worked, but extend failed. i doubt any kind of columns will do anything..
  5. M

PS C:\Users\administrator.MRMRRUBIC> Get-StorageTier FriendlyName TierClass MediaType ResiliencySettingName FaultDomainRedundancy Size FootprintOnPool StorageEfficiency ------------ --------- --------- --------------------- --------------------- ---- --------------- ----------------- HDDTier...
  6. M

New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName $StoragePoolName -FriendlyName $TieredSpaceName -StorageTiers @($SSDTier,$HDDTier) -StorageTierSizes @(20GB,100gb) -ResiliencySettingName $ResiliencySetting -AutoWriteCacheSize -NumberOfColumns 3 -FaultDomainAwareness PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDiskRedundancy...
  7. M

The 5th HDD (Hitachi HUSLR401) was a stray drive that wasn't supposed to be in the pool, but i get the same after removing it, and setting columns to 10. will try 3 columns.
  8. M

Trying to make a tiered virtual disk, but it keeps failing. two-way mirror, fixed provisioning, full size of both tiers. In gui it fail with this message: While in Powershell with this script: #Variables $StoragePoolName = "General Storage" $TieredSpaceName = "General Tier" $ResiliencySetting =...
  9. M

Yeah, i figured out they were samsung drives, and all their firmware update tools are for offical samsung branded drives (current one on top of that as well). I'd love to use these, but seems im out of luck, unless a rogue samung employee comes around and hands me the CD xD
  10. M

Anyone have had any luck with EMC VNX SSDs? FCC-ID link These drives seem to be firmware locked, and I can seem to find any firmware for them. I have 9 I'd like to use in Storage spaces tiering, but life doesn't like me.