Recent content by mrizzo

1. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes the ip block routed to my OOB drop is a /28. There shouldn't be any collision referred to in that post because it's an entirely separate uplink then what the ports on the front are connected to.
  2. M

Anything I am missing in setting up an IP on the management interface? The IPs are routed fine (connecting to an IPMI port on one of my servers works) but I can't ping. It shows the interface is up and here's what show running-config says:
  3. M

Thanks! So you can setup LAG across stacking and that would accomplish redundancy if either one of the switches failed OR one of the uplinks failed? Also, does a secondary switch automatically mirror configurations from the main one?
  4. M

So I have a question about redundancy. I picked up a second ICX6610 and have two fiber links run to my cabinet. My plan was to set them up as follows: Switch A with uplink A connected to each server's eth0 interface Switch B with uplink B connected to each server's eth1 interface Is there any...
  5. M

And a few additional questions regarding my specific configuration. What we need is very simple - we are using this switch to A) terminate a GRE tunnel and B) have uplink failover in place from the two fiber drops that datacenter gives us. Looking at the Ruckus guide, it looks like a dynamic...
  6. M

Hey guys. I'm new to managed switches so please bear with me if these questions are simple. I just received my ICX6610. I updated the firmware per the guide linked in the OP. However, I am confused about the part where I switch from the management port to a normal port to be able to SSH to the...
  7. M

Oh what?? I assumed that wasn't for ports or anything. Oof I'll see if I can cancel.
  8. M

Thank you so much! Glad to hear that I can do this without issue. Question about the licensing - I just bought a BNIB one on eBay ( ICX6610-48-PI ) which has the Premium license. I saw somebody selling a license for the 10G upgrade on ebay so I bought that as well, but the listing says that...
  9. M

Hi all, I am looking at getting a Brocade ICX6610 for a rack that will have a 10Gb uplink. All incoming traffic is going to be tunneled via GRE from a third party DDoS protection service. Can the Brocade handle a tunnel (just regular GRE, no encryption) that will have inbound traffic peaking at...