Recent content by morecomputers

1. M

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

Thanks!
  2. M

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

Hi, I frequent the site periodically but its been a while. Wanted to first say thanks to @WANg for the tip in this thread on power switch issue. I had the exact same issue on recently buying from ebay. Had to disassemble and reassemble unit inlcuding slipping off motherboard and reseating and...
  3. M

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

@Patrick. Welcome back and a Happy new year. I am new to mining but learning about cryptos and would love to try it out if I can still join the group. Have a dual e5-2670 processor workstation that i got based on this forums recos a year and half back. I set it up for my spouse for video and...
  4. M

Flashing Dell H310 for Windows Server 2016

Thanks Sleyk, Il make a mental note for future upgrades to set up a bios but hide it in the bootup sequence.. Very handy, thanks And yes, il run it this way for some time. It sounds like it thinks its a dell HBA rather than an LSI HBA so either way an IT rather than a raid card. I think i...
  5. M

Hi sleyk and thank you replying. I thought no one read this thread anymore! I actually also posted the ebay example of the same card in the deals forum under LSI PERC H310 - LSI 9211-8i - $50 and a couple of forum readers bought the card, though they probably missed my question I asked there...
  6. M

PERC H310 - LSI 9211-8i - $50

These forums sure lighten your wallet dont they :-) . Can i ask you guys, if I am completely wrong with these cards but i tried hooking up a SATA drive with the 2 port SAS cable that came with this card (its in the picture of the linked card) and the SAS cable has the power and data as one long...
  7. M

PERC H310 - LSI 9211-8i - $50

While asking for some suggestions on the perc h310 that i was having issues with in this thread: Flashing Dell H310 for Windows Server 2016, i realized the price for this ebay item that i mentioned as an example wasnt too bad (34.99 with free US shipping). So thought id add that to the sale...
  8. M

Hi guys, A little new to this so pardon some basic questions. I flashed the perc h310 on a windows 10 pro dell t5600. Everything went well (i think) using mattr steps. However, when i booted into windows 10 (SSD running OS is on a separate motherboard sata port as there is no bios on this card...
  9. M

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

Thank you keybored and BackupProphet.
  10. M

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

How do these drives compare to the consumer Samsung 850/840 pro for workstation use in music production, video editing. I set up a workstation with the dual E5 2670 that had dropped in price and was wondering about this and other enterprise SSDs. I understand that these enterprise drives are...