Recent content by MoMeanMugs

1. M

AVAGO MegaRaid SAS-MFI BIOS : NVDATA Problem

What operating system are you using? This isn't an OS issue but trying to figure out what tool set can be used to diagnose. What happens when you change from RAID to JBOD, the PCI ID of the card changes. If this ID isn't in the table of ID's in the firmware, then the card gets stuck. Kind of a...
  2. M

LSI 3108 on X10DRH-CT not able to use all my drives?

This is a vendor limitation imposed by SuperMicro. The crappy part is this was never listed on their product pages until well after the products were sold and in the wild. They've since updated their product pages to list the 16 drive limit. I've mentioned this in other threads. OP, where are...
  3. M

Request from someone with an AOC-S3108L-H8iR

What issue are you having? We need more info to be able to help. What errors are you getting? What procedure were you following?
  4. M

Does anyone want to take a dump on me?

No movement whatsoever, but I can share the saga with you via DM. Send me a message.
  5. M

Request from someone with an AOC-S3108L-H8iR

You'd need to use the LSI firmware, which may require some modifying of PCI ID's. This is a stupid vendor lock attempt by Supermicro.
  6. M

@tjk, we did not solve this, but send me a PM.
  7. M

@Lev, create a DOS USB stick and put these files on it from the DOS LSI toolset: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lsi-megacli-preboot-cli-storecli-megascu-megarec-sas2flash-and-megaoem-commands.457/ Run MegaSCU -AdpAlILog -aALL > log.txt and PM me the log.
  8. M

@mqudsi, MegaSCU isn't supposed to support SAS3 cards, but it does show up. I've been meaning to update this thread that I was able to tinker and get things working as expected. I am planning to do a write-up, but I've been traveling a lot for work and haven't had time.
  9. M

Supermicro AOC NIC on non Supermicro motherboard

Yes, that's correct. You'll need to use the tool to get your ID, add it to the config file, and then it will be detected to do the firmware update. Note, I did this on a number of cards in the same server type. I had a couple cards that failed to do the update the first time. The firmware...
  10. M

@JFO, I had to change the PCI ID's on my board before I could use the LSI firmware and SBR from a 9361. Changing the SBR alone wasn't enough. If you want to unlock the RAID features, I think I can help with that. As for the maxDisks, I thought the same thing as well, however this isn't the...
  11. M

@JFO, I agree with the NVDATA, and that's what I've been attacking. You can actually manipulate most of the data as it's stored in the NVSRAM. storcli /cx set factory mfcdata with the modified values you can manipulate works, but none of these unlock the drive limit, unfortunately. Which OEM...
  12. M

To add more details, I'm using an X10DRC-LN4+ (X10DRC-LN4+ | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.) with the built-in 3108 controller. On the product page, it states: Broadcom 3108 SAS3 (12Gbps) controller; HW RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 2GB Cache with optional SuperCap backup...
  13. M

Anyone able to send an output?
  14. M

IGMP Proxy (multicast routing)

I understand about running a separate box for this, which is why I mentioned the RPi. I didn't originally go down the path of running on Linux until I realized the effort I was putting into PFSense wasn't going anywhere. I don't have any Denon products, so I'm going to make some guesses here...
  15. M

IGMP Proxy (multicast routing)

Yep, that's exactly what it does!