Recent content by MoMeanMugs

1. M

Struggling with Mellanox ConnectX-3 in FreeNAS

Show media on the 6650 (I plugged the other QSFP module into 1/2/1 to see if it would be detected): Port 1/2/1: Type : 40GBASE-Passive Copper Port 1/2/2: Type : 40GE-Passive Copper Port 1/2/3: Type : 40GE-Passive Copper Port 1/2/4: Type : 40GE-Passive Copper
  2. M

Yes, this is one of the things I tried. The ports do come up. If I run ifconfig -vvv mlxenX (0 through 3), each reports the DAC. The info between the working port and the 3 non-working ports is the same (other than serial numbers): root@XXX[~]# ifconfig -vvv mlxen0 mlxen0...
  3. M

BTW, the ICX 6650 has the licenses installed and confirmed they are active. Let me know if any output from switch or FreeBSD commands would be helpful.
  4. M

Hoping someone can help to keep the rest of my hair from falling out... I have the following set up: FreeNAS 11.3U2 on Supermicro X9DR3-LNF4+ Two Mellanox (reflashed HPE) ConnectX-3 adapters on 2.42.5000 firmware 4 3m FS.com 40Gb DAC's with Brocade branding in the EEPROM's Brocade ICX 6650 on...
  5. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I think you could get away with plastic for sure as long as you have a shelf under it. I used the following under mine since the official rails are super expensive...
  6. M

eBay: Full 4U Supermicro System - $350 + Ship

I'll probably need a couple more weeks to move stuff over and figure it out. I'll keep you posted. Wow, I totally forgot about Microcenter in Boston. I don't go there often, but I do fly down to Houston frequently, but I stay aware from the one there so I don't buy more crap I don't need! Do...
  7. M

I'm in Cumberland. I always get giddy when I see someone else from Maine since it seems nobody lives here! :D I didn't know about MIT Flea, but now... dammit! Now another way to spend money! I have a couple 4U cases (one Norco and one Rosewill) that I was going to take to the recycler...
  8. M

Just thought I'd mention I'm also in Maine. I buy toys from California, so maybe there's an opportunity to group buy something someday. :) I'm about 20 minutes outside of Portland if you're close by. I also have a bunch of equipment in my basement that I eventually need to sort and give away if...
  9. M

I marked mine with a note on it not to sell (never intend to) once Fohdeesha helped me out. I don't want to put him in the fire for helping us out. Suggest others do the same...
  10. M

Thanks for the tip, Zervun. You're certainly on point that they aren't cheap! I'll have to hunt around, but at least I have the correct part number now.
  11. M

Does anyone know where to get the 4-post mounting kit for the ICX6650? I've looked on eBay, but I can't find anything there. Google fails me as well.