Recent content by Moff Tigriss

1. M

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

I don't know why it seems difficult to make a BIOS dump available, but it's weird. Maybe there is a Facebook MiB team, after all :D Anyway, i'm looking for a dump of the F03C3B10 BIOS (or F03C3B11, it was shown here at least two times), because there is some strange behaviors with my fully...
  2. M

Looking for a Connectx-3 custom firmware package

I think I will make a small website with a comprehensive archive of all versions. It's an internet-sized puzzle :D I now have the 2.40.5030 running on the MCX341A-XCAN, but with no PXE rom. If the rom is here, the node crash during the first seconds of the OS boot, and a "Parity Error" message...
  3. M

What is your favourite simple, unmanaged switch?

The Netgear ProSafe line is really good. I use them in events, everywhere a small switch is needed. It's reliable, solid, and cheap. And I buy the ProSafe Plus when there is sales on them.
  4. M

I missed that version, after all the research, damn it. Thank you ! The firmware work, but now my ESXI crash at the beginning of the boot, with a screen saying "Parity Error". It's not the CPU/RAM/Disk (tested on two nodes), so the firmware is probably responsible. Maybe something about SR-IOV...
  5. M

Hi, I have four MCX341A-XCAN (Connectx-3 EN, one SFP+ port, OCP mezzanine format) on Quanta Windmill nodes, and I want to update the firmware. The current version is 2.10.3782, but the last upgradable version officially available on Mellanox site is the 2.31.1598. And i'm pretty sure there is...
  6. M

ConnectX-2 crash ESXI host when VM is booted

One is 8x, the two others are 4x. But no complaints when plug a card with original HP firmware. That might be that, but I have the same issue when booting a Linux on the host, or even the Windows install. I wish I can change the title of the post. Today, I have some new things : - With the...
  7. M

Well, I posted on the Network subforum because I was really uncertain about ESXI being the culprit here, and I was right : launching anything else directly on the R710 do the same. I had a little thing with ESXI : if the card is moved on another slot, the system crash (PCIe device error on the...
  8. M

EDIT 1 : post #3, ESXI is not the culprit here. Launching anything bare metal do exactly the same. Hi, I'm finally updating my homelab network to 10GB, and I have some issues with my ConnectX-2 cards. The server is an R710, with ESXI 6.5 u1. I want to passtrough the card to a Windows Server...
  9. M

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Yes, you have a solution here : post #152 It work, but only with ipmitool, AFAIK. You can't use it with the cluster tools of vSphere (and if someone know how to make it work, my day will be faaaar better ^^), unless you have a relay (and i don't know if an IPMI relay is a thing or even possible).