Recent content by mocha

1. M

FS : Threadripper 3960x on hand

used market in taiwan is poor at best. specially for server grade parts. I have no problem using them in our small server though, just prepare some spare parts readily at hand.
  2. M

Yes I got it in retail last Friday night. I think SSD DDR4 tend to be cheaper in US since there are some really good deals in US. if you have any particular item in mind, I can check for you real quick
  3. M

I have 1 Threaripper 3960x on my hand and is able to ship out within 1 business day via expedited shipping. will also provide tracking number. I understand the price is above MSP, but it's a free market with demand vs supply constrain . pm me if you are interested or wanna to ensure I have the...
  4. M

Dual expander + dual HBA

Hello and sorry guys , not sure if I am posting in the correct category. Anyway..... I have recently built a freenas system for the company I worked for, and the specs can be found below. But I have no previous experiences with dual and expander and dual hba, can someone please help me with...
  5. M

Fail over with Dual expanders with multiple HBA?

Hello everyone, This is my First contact with dual expander on supermicro chasis SC216BE2C-R920LPB SAS3 12Gb/s 2x Expander. I am hoping someone could help me clarify a few questions. The manual states that multiple HBAs are used to achieve failover protection. Linux MPIO software must be...
  6. M

Will it be compatible?

Hello guys, I will try to keep my question short . Planning to upgrade my supermicro X10DRH-CT motherboard with a new CPU . E5-2650L v4 . But the cores is more than supermicro's product page (22 cores) Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X10DRH-CT. So my question is will it...
  7. M

Q: sas3 ssd raid 6 performance with/without onboard cache

The motherboard is X10DRH-CT and it's an Broadcom 3108 . And no , it's doesn't have battery backup at this moment . It's better to have battery backup right? Duh..... lol . Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. M

Q: sas3 ssd raid 6 performance with/without onboard cache

I suppose the title says it all. Anyway allow me to elaborate a little. Recently, I have acquired 8 micron S630DC ssds. I am planning to set up a raid 6 configs. The motherboard has onboard raid with 2G of cache. Therefore I am wondering does onboard caches helps with performance when in a...
  9. M

EMC / HGST Firmware locked ssd

Not sure which firmware tho . Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. M

EMC / HGST Firmware locked ssd

It's compatible with IBM M1015 raid card. Running fine with HGST 800GB ssd for a few months. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. M

Question . Netapp Pam card repurpose?

Is there any way I can repurpose Pam card for other use? Such as cache . I don't know if that will recognize by the motherboard . Have no clue when it comes to the Pam card. Or what's the market rate on eBay? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. M

M1215 flashback IR mode

Found this on the Broadcom's site Broadcom Limited . Seems like a known problem, will give the solution a try. *When flashing an 12G HBA (SAS 9300 family) with IR mode firmware provided in the same package, named 9311, SAS3Flash returns the following error: ERROR: NVDATA Image does not match...
  13. M

M1215 flashback IR mode

Flashed the card to the IT mode , now trying to flashed to IR mode to try out SAS ssd in raid 0. Downloaded sas9311_IR firmware to USB. Did the same step as showed in the link How to flash a LSI SAS 3008 HBA (e.g. IBM M1215) to IT mode But was unable to flashed to IR mode successfully . Any...
  14. M

Genuine Intel x540 ?

How safe is to buy from amazon vendors(delivered from amazon)? What's the Reasonable price to buys used 10g nic? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. M

HGST ULTRASTAR SSD800MM HUSMM8080ASS200 800GB 12GB /s - SAS MLC $650 OBO

@workingnonstop pls put me on the waiting list too. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk