Recent content by mintchipmadness

1. M

[FS][US-CA] Brocade ICX7250-48P Switch

Final Bump. Also dropped price to $350 cash only
  2. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Does anyone know where I can purchase the case screws (not rack ears) for the icx7250? They seem to not be a regular screw size. I thought the ones talked about in this forum would work (MS24693S24) but the thread is too big. The actual thread size appears to be M3 (4-40) and is 4mm (3/16")...
  3. M

The first link below is the guide I used. The only difference is I purchased an ASIC fan from another post. (see second link). https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/page-159#post-256375...
  4. M

Hello, I am selling a Brocade ICX 7250-48P switch. The switch includes rack ears, a power cable, and a console cable (not stock). I just replaced the fans this week (FFB0412SHN-F00) and everything works on the switch including POE. Only downside is I lost two of the case screws. I left the...
  5. M

Hello All, I have an ICX7250-48P and I am trying find equivalent fans (new) to replace the old stock ones (Nidec). I tried to find the 3 wire Foxconn PIA040H12P but unfortunately all I can find are refurbished ones or 4 wire. What is everyone else replacing their fans with and still keeping the...
  6. M

VLAN Setup Question

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. If there is no difference, I will probably switch back to an untagged lan interface for simplicity. Regarding my icx 7250, I do have the newest firmware flashed. I just used the term dual-mode to define the type of traffic for the post.
  7. M

VLAN Setup Question

Hello All, I am new to networking and I have a question regarding my vlan setup. I currently have a trunk port from my router (Opnsense) to my switch (Brocade ICX7250) with 3 separate networks. The networks are vlan 5, 10, and 15. In Opnsense, vlan 5 is setup as the Lan with separate networks...
  8. M

Thank you for your advice. I'll plan for a 6450 if I can't find a 7250/7150. My setup is fairly simple so the older firmware won't be a problem. This forum definitely got me hooked on the ICX switches. I just wish the 300 dollar 7250s will return to ebay.
  9. M

Hello, I currently own the icx7250-48P but I wanted to plan for a replacement just in case it breaks. The problem is ebay doesn't have as many sellers now for the 7250 which caused the prices to increase significantly. Also the recommended replacement, ICX 7150-48P, also has a similar 'sellers...
  10. M

Thank you for that explanation. I will continue to troubleshoot this issue.
  11. M

Thank you for your help. I will try to remove the lag and see if that works because everything else is the same as your setup. For the network sketch my setup is pretty straight forward. It goes AP (r710)--> Switch (icx 7250) -->Router (OPNsense). AP is plugged into the switch through 1/1/37...
  12. M

Thank you for your reply and your advice on the subnets. I definitely agree the subnets should match the vlans and that is how I set it up. The 192.168.5.0 should have been typed 192.168.15.0. Too fast typing on my part.
  13. M

Hello All, I am trying to setup separate wlans on my access point (ruckus r710) and wanted to see if my switch (icx 7250) setup is the problem. I currently have 3 wlans setup on the access point (AP). 1 wlan is untagged (main) and the other two are tagged (10 and 15 respectively). In the end I...
  14. M

826BE1C-R920LPB UP Fan Shroud Setup

Hello All, I am new to setting up a fan shroud and I was hoping someone here could help. I have a new supermicro MCP-310-29001-0N air shroud for my supermicro 826B case but I was unable to locate some detailed directions (the case manual didn't help) for setting it up with a single processor...