Recent content by minimaster

1. M

OmniOS r151042, Napp-IT 21.06a9 on ASROCK Deskmini X300, TLS email alerts

Solution confirmed: Adjusted date time in the BIOS settings With Putty logged in as root and installed compiler with pkg install --deny-new-be developer/gcc7 pkg install --deny-new-be gnu-tar linker header-math object-file gnu-coreutils lint system/header Then installed TLS support with...
  2. M

OmniOS r151042, Napp-IT 21.06a9 on ASROCK Deskmini X300, TLS email alerts

Hello All, A little NAS box with a ASROCK DeskMini X300 has been set-up with OmniOS r151042 directly installed on a SATA-SSD. After the initial OmniOS configuration napp-it 21.06a9 was installed. After reboot the steps for installing TLS email support were follwed. perl -MCPAN -e shell notest...
  3. M

esxi 7.0 upd 3, OmniOS v11 r151042, Napp-IT 21.06a8 with TLS email alerts

Confirmed. 2FA + app specific password works with a gmail account. Many thx gea.
  4. M

from Google account settings: Zugriff auf Ihr Google-Konto durch weniger sichere Apps Zum besseren Schutz Ihres Kontos unterstützt Google ab dem 30. Mai 2022 keine Drittanbieter-Apps oder ‑Geräte mehr, bei denen Ihr Nutzername und Passwort ausreichen, um sich in Ihrem Google-Konto anzumelden.
  5. M

Since I couldn't find any recent and working information on the web how to get TLS emails to work with the latest versions of ESXi, OmniOS and Napp-It in a home lab environment I like to share my experience on what worked eventually after a few failed approaches. Hardware and general network...