Recent content by Mihail

1. M

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

yeah the best opportunity of getting one was when the ebay code was active, noone can beat this at £359.99
  2. M

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

the seller hasnt replied on my £10 question Lol, probably doesnt give a toss once this was sold :D edit: received a response: they are saying that they are not offering any discounts
  3. M

the new unit turned up to have 0 reads and writes, the label bit dirty other than that like new.. and temperature goes towards 60C with no cooling at idle, so the normal version of this drive requires cooling same as the EMC, and it doesnt work with my standalone pcie 4.0 to u.2 adapter but...
  4. M

still not bad for the price for the capacity and speed, i've zip tied an 80mm fan behind my u.2 to pcie adapter and temps not exceeding 55C normaly stays in the 50C region and speeds are very good
  5. M

why would they disable the power saving feature though? is this worth paying £100 extra for the used retail unit from the other listing above, my offer was accepted
  6. M

how about these ones are retail should be working full pcie gen 4 speeds i guess
  7. M

there you go, there is just those data integrity errors bugging me a bit but hasn't moved since received the drive...
  8. M

bought one yesterday guess too late now :D will see if i will be able to use this with no giant issues may order another one, maybe one day we can get around that EMC firmware but not very optimistic on this :D
  9. M

yep £359.99 using the code plus 300 nectar points and some cashback, will need tinkering some cooling before there is a solution for idle/powerdown features
  10. M

ES Xeon Discussion

the chinese seller must be selling the QLxx ES CPUs and these work only in supermicro boards like i've got an X11SPL-f with bios 2.0 if you able to buy one of those bios 2.0 boards this won't require any modification in order to run. i'm not sure how the 3.0 bios gets modded this why stay with...
  11. M

ES Xeon Discussion

got exactly same board and xeon ql1l xeon works fine with 64GB (8x8 2133 RDIMMs) only thing thats annoying usb detection beeps are, the problem i think you have with qjw0 is that its xeon phi and not scalable that board supports...
  12. M

ES Xeon Discussion

AFUdos may work in this case ? )
  13. M

ES Xeon Discussion

i will probably stick to supermicro as when it comes to es cpus this widely supports most of these, if the cpu and motherboard will boot up then i will be able to flash an older firmware) :-)
  14. M

ES Xeon Discussion

so sad that there is nothing for supermicro 3647 socket boards ))) i'm considering buying same chip and mobo as yours, there was a listing £400 on ebay for 1.6ghz sample and something over £500 for 1.9ghz :-D
  15. M

ES Xeon Discussion

yes absolutely fantastic result, what is the software you are using for the overclocking?