Recent content by metalpizza123

1. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes sir I've another cable arriving tomorrow so hopefully that fixes things.
  2. M

I had some serial output to PuTTy's console, then when I rebooted no more serial output. I've tried Windows 7,10, Arch and Debian. I rebooted after installing the FTDI drivers, and tried uninstalling them too. Like this is what's so frustrating. How did I get output once, then never reach the...
  3. M

Ah frick the pinouts are different. But that explains even less about how I managed to get ANY output the first time round.
  4. M

Hi hi, I still don't know what I'm doing wrong and now I'm just confused as to what's happening. As dos said, the 64xx series boots slower, but I somehow am unable to reach the bootloader. The switch is booting and functional, and I can see it on my network as an ethernet connected device(even...
  5. M

Yeah and that's what I had bought from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AFNBC3K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'd seen that others had similar problems so I'd hoped that this cable was appropriate. It seemed to match the solution that other users had, and I did...
  6. M

Hi hi quick question on whether I've just a defective unit or I'm missing something in the setup guide. I'm trying to setup the 6430-48P. Following Fohdeesha's guide, I have the master zip downloaded and I had PuTTy set up to connect to the switch. I have a USB to serial adapter cable hooked up...