Recent content by mephisto

1. mephisto

BliKVM v4 (Another new PiKVM variant from Bli)

I've purchased one to try. The process of creating adding an ISO to boot from is a PAIN to say the least, it takes 30 minutes between uploading a W11 iso, and then it needs to "convert" it after the upload, and create a partition. And it does not work to boot windows with secure boot, it changes...
  2. mephisto

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Prime95 Noticeable at full load, it goes to 3000+ rpm, at 500rpm it is inaudible at 50c, under load it can go to 90c, and it will rev to 3500rpm. running 2 VMs in hyper-v at the moment it barely get over 60c and 20% load, so barely any fan noise
  3. mephisto

I was wondering why the cpu was often at 1.8ghz, it seems core 0 is often at lower clock than other cores, this is just W2022 running 1 VM with 2 cores and doing light tasks
  4. mephisto

My 5800U boosts to 4.2 ghz at time, but in Prime95 it has not clocked more than 2.2ghz all core. I think there is a power limit on the bios, the cpu TDP is stated as 15W, and in HWinfo, I'm getting exactly 15W @2.2ghz all core. Temps are around 60c. I need to check if I can get all core clocks...
  5. mephisto

My purchasing experience using CWWK store on Aliexpress: ordered on 3rd of November delivered on 15th of November in the UK No VAT/TAX so far, I think they have some chartered flight, it arrived to me from a courier company called Evri (former Myhermes, aka Myherpes). may I'll receive a VAT...
  6. mephisto

I have not tried 2019, try 2022 instead perhaps as I'm using it already for a few days. I suggest you download the latest driver pack from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html and use the driver in the PRO2500 folder, there are...
  7. mephisto

Sorry, Ryzen 7 indeed. I used the i226-LM, all good. I tested Windows 11, it installed i226-v drivers. W2022 wunning with opnsense as a VM at the moment. My latency has increased 1ms compared to a Unifi USG. I'll try OPNsense running bare metal to see if there is any difference in latency.
  8. mephisto

I got my ryzen 9 delivered today, so far, no luck getting the intel i226-v nics to work in Windows 2022 server, drivers do not install, I'm suspecting it is some sort of fake controller...
  9. mephisto

I think it needs motherboard support as most motherboards give only 1 bus to that slow, meanwhile we would need 2 busses due to the 2 TPUs
  10. mephisto

I found out on github that it is not just 2 lanes, it needs 2 busses. There is a guy making adapters that can use both TPUs, but it seems in general, most motherboards do not pass 2 busses to a pci-e E key slot, so the adapter needs to work like a switch getting 1 pci lane, divided into 2 busses...
  11. mephisto

I'm trying to find out if the Ryzen model has a M.2 E key slot as I want to use a Google Coral TPU with 2 modules, checking this video gives an impression that one of the M.2 slots is E key. What do you guys think? I'm planning to use this TPU G650-06076-01 Coral, M.2 Accelerator, Dual Edge...
  12. mephisto

I may run Plex straight on top of Windows 2022 (not as a VM in Hyper-V), so I'm hoping the HW transcoding works.
  13. mephisto

I just purchased the Ryzen 7 5800U model from CWWK, no ram/storage. It was listed for £347, but then I used the code 11Scupoch18 or 11Scupoch6 and brought it down to £317. I tried the code 1111US30 that some of you guys mentioned, but it didn't work for the UK. This will be initially a baremetal...
  14. mephisto

I've created a small tutorial showing how to deploy teams with telephony (phone numbers)

Not yet but I'm planning to do Thanks for the feedback
  15. mephisto

I've created a small tutorial showing how to deploy teams with telephony (phone numbers)

Hello, I've noticed there was no tutorial showing how to deploy Teams / Phone System from scratch so I've created one. A test environment can be easily created with an Office 365 trial and even phone numbers assigned to the system with a calling plan with no costs under the trial period. I...