Recent content by menelmacar

1. M

SOLD [US] : Intel P4000M pedestal server, 2xE5-2670, 128GB ram, 8x3.5" + 8x2.5" hot-swap

Intel P4000M pedestal server $750+S&H Dual E5-2670 SR0KK, 128gb ram 8x3.5" + 8x2.5" hot-swap bays IT Mode LSI 9211-8i SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb/s Controller Card 2x 34 Inch SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 Internal Mini SAS 36-Pin RAID Cable I purchased this from forum member poto last year but haven’t...
  2. M

Xeon P-8136? what skylake p part is this?

This story appears to explain it. Alleged Skylake-EP on sale at eBay | KitGuru Alleged Skylake-EP on sale at eBay Paul Taylor May 2, 2017 CPU, Server, Tech News If you want to get your hands on some prime Intel server rib, then you can head along to eBay and check this matched pair of what...
  3. M

older, quiet-ish rackmount servers

I purchased my first server for the home a few months back and was in a similar position as you not wanting something very loud. If I purchased a server and it sounded like a jet taking off all the time my wife would unplug it and I would be stuck trying to resell it. I liked the price that...
  4. M

MonoPrice 20% off today - no minimum

It is sad that these companies get bought out and everything about them go down hill afterwards.
  5. M

Powering a Intel S2600TPR

On the intel boards they normally have a guide that includes supported accessories. I found the one for that board here. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600TP_HNS2600TP_H2000G_Configuration_Guide_v2_28.pdf
  6. M

DL585 G7 won't post with anything more than 4 GPU's......

Here is a document from HP that confirms what you are seeing not allowing more than 4 GPUs. Doesn't really explain why though. HPE Support document - HPE Support Center
  7. M

Something I thought was not possible...

Thanks for the info. I also thought I had read the same thing that you couldn't mix sas and sata on the same controller.