Recent content by mayli

1. M

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

Which is pricier and harder to find compared to DDR4 UDIMM, DDR3 UDIMM or DDR3 ECC RDIMM. I am thinking to swap the CPU to non-Xeon ones, and try non-ECC DDR3 DIMMs, anyone had tried that?
  2. M

It's pretty low when idling, similar to a GPU running at full speed. But the fan speed can easily gets to 50% or 100% when cpu under load, which is what similar to you can expect from a 1U cisco switch.
  3. M

The system only has 6 SATA + 8 SAS, so, if you only have 8 4TB SAS drives, they should work fine. This 1U system is noticeable quieter than other 1U systems.
  4. M

Yeah, I've tried multiple java version including java 7 and java 11. Both ends up with the "auth error", which seems to be a bug in the firmware itself. Do you still have those boards around? Can you help me verify the console redirection is actually working, otherwise I would just give up...
  5. M

Yeah, I notice the fan speed won't change when running TrueNAS, the CPU could easily overheat on stress test, while the fan is still at 4k RPM. While fans are working properly under both windows and Linux. I did the same but the firmware from TYAN website has build time at 2013 instead of the...
  6. M

I get this system few days ago, but having trouble starting the ipmi console redirection. Is this feature working for anyone? The default jnlp is broken and I am using this script as workaround, but it always stuck at