Recent content by matthelm

1. M

What are some good, basic, dumb GPUs?

Will this work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E9Z2D60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
  2. M

Nearby sharing between Android and Windows

I use an app called "FolderSync Pro" to share files all the time. It will read or write from Windows shares (and a bunch of others I've never tried) just fine. There is a free version, but I don't remember the limits.
  3. M

Monitor repair - Chicago

I found 1 lead. Hoping to connect today, but I'm afraid they closed their doors.
  4. M

Monitor repair - Chicago

Anyone know of a place/person that repairs monitors in the Chicago area? I've call a bunch of repair places, and they all say no.
  5. M

EXPIRED (US) - Oh look, hell just froze over - HP t740 thin clients are back below 400 USD (375 to 400, Wifi/BT or not)

I do believe most (all?) Ryzen chipsets have fTPM built in, My OLD A85X chipset has a header. HP list the 740 as:
  6. M

AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 Family Launched

How about one of these? AMD IPC-FP5R 10GE
  7. M

Guide: How to Build a 8-bay DAS Enclosure SATA/ SAS

Oops, missed your question. Found the manual somewhere, but I didn't keep the link, sorry. I ended up ordering one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756WFMNF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also found this site, but didn't get one (all kinds of ways to control a...
  8. M

51 Piece Wiha Precision Screwdriver Set $139

These aren't for HOME use, they are for COMPUTER use!
  9. M

Guide: How to Build a 8-bay DAS Enclosure SATA/ SAS

I know this is an older guide, but I'm looking into using it for a simple system I'm building, and was wondering if the Silverstone DS380 is still a good case for doing this? Any issues like the 'power disable feature'?
  10. M

JBOD Enclosure Questions

Why not use something like this for temp control? http://a.co/d/3p5vfy4 Oh, and found this for turning on and off the power supply: Hardware - Tech|Inferno Forums
  11. M

Workstation Build

Myth, If I'm reading the WS C422 ... datasheet right, the best you can do is either 4 x16 slots, or 1 x16 slot and 6 x8 slots. You can't get 2 x16 and 3 x8.
  12. M

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - RDMA

Will W10 Pro for Workstations <-> W10 Pro for Workstations work? (This was my plan for my setup.)
  13. M

Wiring my apartment with MPO with 12/24+fibers vs single mode cables

What size conduit do you need to pull a dual LC connector?
  14. M

New Viking RAM-Drives

Or cost or shipping dates. :-(
  15. M

Smoke-alarms / POE - text alerts, home automation

Correct, NEVER DIY smok... ur, ah, wait a minute, you never said anything about DIY smoke detectors. If you find some POE / rechargeable smoke detectors like you were asking about, please report here so others can be told to never DIY smok... ur, ah, wait a minute, you never said anything about...