Recent content by MatrixMJK

1. M

Unfortunately I do not have access to that anymore. If I find the files I'll let you know, but...

Unfortunately I do not have access to that anymore. If I find the files I'll let you know, but it's doubtful at this point.
  2. M

Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!)

Cool, thanks for the info! That makes these even easier for me. Here is another post from Patrick about serial cables for it that some may find useful: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dell-powerconnect-5524-5548-serial-cable.4171/
  3. M

Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!)

Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!) Dell PowerConnect 5524p Switch With 24 port (price for 2 switches!) | eBay Looks like a good deal to me. Two 24 port PoE switches with two 10G SFP+ and easy HDMI stacking for $150. I got a couple on the way. Does anyone know...
  4. M

Why I love ZFS and Napp-It

Certainly not ALL of it needs to be backed up. All the important data is backed up in a couple more places. This stores more than just movies and other media. The backups are to other drive arrays that are powered off most of the time unless active. There are certainly cheaper ways to accomplish...
  5. M

Why I love ZFS and Napp-It

Just a note to the reliability and survivability of ZFS and the great tool Napp-It that sits on top. TL;DR... ZFS was recoverable even after 7 out of 16 drives had been kicked out of my array due to overheating. In my garage at home I have several servers and disk shelves and other gear...
  6. M

Lenovo ThinkServer SA120 - Rackmount DAS

I don't know if the models are the same as these, but Amazon has them new with free prime shipping for $239. You have to click "Available from these sellers" to see the "Prime" one fulfilled by Amazon.
  7. M

SuperComputing 2016

Sorry to say I'm on my way home now.
  8. M

SuperComputing 2016

Thanks for the input folks! If anyone ends up going and wants to meet up, post it here.
  9. M

SuperComputing 2016

Thought I'd start a thread to see if any STH'ers are going to be at SuperComputing 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT. I haven't been to an SC show in a long time and looking forward to revisiting the expo. Anyone know of things to not miss while there, both the show and SLC?
  10. M

iStarUSA 45 Bay Server Chassis

One big difference with the iStar chassis vs. the HGST or some others is that it uses SATA port multipliers vs. SAS expanders to connect up the drives. That limits you to SATA drives and not as efficient lane switching to the drives. But, if you are looking for a similar box to the BackBlaze...
  11. M

Supermicro BPN-SAS2-836EL1 backplane

I do not think buying two of an item is excessive. They will both be put to use. There were only four to begin with. If there were 20 available and I bought most of them to re-sell or something similar, then yes that would be offensive.
  12. M

Supermicro BPN-SAS2-836EL1 backplane

I got them, couldn't pass up a good price on SAS2 backplanes. I've gotten four of the Dell/Compellant boxes from ebay sellers and this will be nice to convert a couple of them to single cable chassis. The TQ's are nice too since you can split the bays for host or guest use. I may use these just...
  13. M

APC 7902 PDU's

Got mine yesterday and they work fine as well. I swapped out the main power cable to a 20amp plug (just have to make sure not to overload it). Are you aware of a way to reset the IP/network without a serial cable? I have a cable somewhere, but if there is a quicker way it would be helpful.
  14. M

APC 7902 PDU's

I did. Thanks for the heads up on them! It will be nice having switched outlets. Metered outlets would be cool, but for that price, I'm happy. (Just hope they work, I'm sure they do, but the listing said they had no way of testing them)
  15. M

H310 $35

Nope, if one showed up and flashed OK in that board, then the other may have a problem. Just wanted to rule that out, in case it needed the "tape over the PCIe connector" fix.