Recent content by mathiastro

1. M

pfSense DNS Resolver oddly slow

I finally found the culprit to all my network problems, my ISP had started with CGNAT which my pfsense did not like. This means everything was double NATed from my LAN to the internet. I noticed that the ip on my WAN interface was not the same as the public ip shown in whatsmyip.com eg. The...
  2. M

I tried to disable "prever ipv4 over ipv6 today, and it seems faster again now.
  3. M

Mine has become super slow again now, its like the dns cache is not working. How should I verify if the cache is ok?
  4. M

Ive too have been struggeling with dns resolving on pfsense being super slow the last week. I have disabled the option for "register DHCP clients in dns when acuiring lease " and run the wizard for pfblocker again as my feeds would not resolve (dont know if its related) but I feel now that its...
  5. M

Booting RAID 1 TrueNAS on Dell R720XD

Im 99% sure that you can use the internal sata ports to boot a truenas software raid. Not so sure that you can connect the sas backplane to the sata ports. I would connect the boot drives directly to sata ports and leave the backplane for data disks.
  6. M

Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware

Wow this is so cool! I will bookmark this thread and get my self an SPI flashing tool :D
  7. M

Direction for pfSense with ICX6610 and Unifi - how to DHCP and DNS

If you want to do the intervlan routing on the ICX you will only have a transit vlan between your pfsense and ICX thus pfsense will not have direct contact with the vlans to serve DHCP. Therefor you will have to find an other way to serve DHCP which are vlan aware. I dont remember what the...
  8. M

Direction for pfSense with ICX6610 and Unifi - how to DHCP and DNS

Pfsense can't do what you want I'm in the same situation and I am considering to just host my dhcp in a vm.
  9. M

ESXi Node - (ISCSI or NFS) ZFS datastore for Backup Purpose

I don't know zfs but my gut tells me the same as your saying about consistency.
  10. M

vCenter Content Library Trouble

I guess your second host don't have access to the datastore on your first host. You don't use a shared storage?
  11. M

Testing Router Performance?

And how are your dns configured?
  12. M

Windows 10 C3 Sleep Issues

I got the same issue on my x1 yoga. 1803 also!
  13. M

Home Network HELP!

You could also just use a free Microsoft, Google or Dropbox account, if it's not too much data or very sensitive data it's the cheapest and best solution imo.