Recent content by Marek J

1. M

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

I can answer myself for above :) (this is just first step passed). The vEthernet on the vSwitch has to be setup as trunk. And simple commands on Quanta: vlan database vlan 99 configure interface 0/1,0/7 vlan participation include 99, vlan tagging 99 and... bang!!! everything starts :)
  2. M

LB6M and PfSense vlan routing issue

Hi, Have you got it working please?
  3. M

Hello guys, Have you got the successful cooperation of the LB6M to get working in with the Hyper-V vmSwitch VLANs please? My config and the initial test: Two servers (I name them from now S1 and S2). Two quantas (from now, I name them Q1 and Q2) connected by LCAP (it works with VLANs by 4 SFP+...
  4. M

I think, it's like that with everything about that switch :) Don't be surprised. But hopefully, some gurus can help you within this thread. I just test couple of things on my hypervisors, and sometimes it works, sometimes not. I just try...
  5. M

I think, I saw something in config example on the page 25 of this post...
  6. M

Congrats :) I had the same challenge couple of days ago. I just learn about that switch. Good luck.
  7. M

OK. I see your idea. vlan tagging works with IDs setup and vlan pvid works, if I take away IDs from the VSS in my vCENTER. I run 4x10Gbit ports+4x1Gbit ports on my Poweredges. That means, plenty of fun :) . Quanta, I combine with Unifi solution which just always works :) In sucha a case Quanta...
  8. M

Hi sthsep, That means, the addport may be the answer for the configuration of aggregation for ex. tagging, etc. In such a kind of scenario, I can try to set for ex. vlan tagging 10 on the port 1/1, then addport 1/1 to for example my particular ports 0/1 and 0/7. Then the configuration code is...
  9. M

Hi, Sorry for the stupid question, but in which cases do I need vlan pvid , if tagging works , then addport comand please? Cheers, Marek
  10. M

Hi, I just start my journey with Starwind, and I don't know, but it looks like, I can save some space in my server cabinet, the the power consumption staying away of the hardware SAN solution. As far as I see, the commercial license isn't so cheap, but at least, I have some support, if something...
  11. M

Hi sthsep, The latest question isn't related to the VMWare in general. It's related to the configuration simplification. For example: I have port 1, 2, 3, 4 until 20. All above physical ports keep same configuration for vlan. Except writing same configuration to each port twenty of times, is...
  12. M

copy active tftp://<ip-of-pc-running-tftp-server>/active copy backup tftp://<ip-of-pc-running-tftp-server>/backup if you copy your active or backup to tftp server or copy tftp://192.168.255.111/newimage active copy tftp://192.168.255.111/newimage backup if you update your newimage from tftp server
  13. M

Hi, I removed vlan pvid 10 from interfaces, even ip routing from configure and everything still works, but of course, due some laziness ;) , I have the next question: do I have any chance to aggregate couple of vlan parameters, then "link" them to the ports specific please? It's fine to setup...
  14. M

Hi sthsep, Thanks man :) You are hero. Your solution works. I just had to remove VLAN IDs from the guest interfaces and added tagging to each port participated and everything works. I made the extra ip on the interface 2/1 to be sure, it's pingable both sides. I need to keep VLAN IDs inside the...
  15. M

Thanks, I will try. I finished around 5 in the morning starting configuration mistakes :)