Recent content by Marcus Karozis

1. M

NAS and Plex server build help

Motherboard, CPUs ram and psu were bought used off ebay... The links are included in the part list
  2. M

Just for posterity I thought I'd post the part list that I ended up going with, thanks again for everyones advice :) System Builder This build leave room for me to buy a graphics card and/or other expansion cards in the future.
  3. M

im looking at a SUPERMICRO X9DRI-F paired up with a couple E5V2s but i cant find that motherboard in australia, are there any similar ones that are more commonly found? also is there any specific ecc memory worth looking at or will anything do
  4. M

Thanks for all this info it has really been helpful ill look into those E5 v2 cpus
  5. M

Yea after reading all these replies im leaning towwards unraid, i only chose it to start out because it was free, but if unraid is a better option and getting a licence is that expencive ill probs get it. im pretty settled on this case so buying prebuilt used on ebay is not really an option...
  6. M

Ok ive Picked a couple CPUs that look interesting let me know what you think: Xeon E3-1245 v3 Xeon E3-1246 v3 Xeon E3-1275 V3
  7. M

worth looking into ecc memory?
  8. M

im thinking about a Xeon E-2124G What do u guys think? Overkill? Underkill?
  9. M

Thanks for the advice. Did a quick search on amazon and ebay, there a lot of different Xeon E-2xxx CPUs are there any in particular that u recommend? Also any specific ram i need?
  10. M

so the igpu and the cpu should be able to handle the around 5-10 concurrent 1080p transcodes? also if i go the xeon route this would be my first time going with enterprise gear, is there anything specifically different about enterprise motherboards that i should look out for? Thanks so much for...
  11. M

Probably some cheap sata cards just to get the 12 data ports I need, I might in the future grab sone raid controllers and an extra GPU for VMs, but not to start with
  12. M

Other than Plex it will just be an actively used NAS and some small VM experimentation
  13. M

Is it worth using some of my budget for an unraid licence, given that FreeNAS seems that limited? Any specific motherboard CPU GPU combo recommendations?
  14. M

I have the Plex pass and intended to hardware transcoded to free up a few cores for VM experiments occasionally ideally