Recent content by MannyLNJ

1. M

New switch how do I benchmark it?

Apparently, there is an issue with iperf3 and the latest version of OpnSense. I got it running and from my PC to the OpnSense system I am gettiung 937 Mbits/sec going from my PC to my Cisco Switch which then goes to the Netgear Switch and into my OpnSense box. I will be updating this post when...
  2. M

Teardown photos of Binardat 8 Port 2.5G PoE switch model 2g08-090GPM

Yes it does. Although the Hasivo one was not managed and this one claims it is.
  3. M

Yes it looks off kilter to me too. I am glad I bought the extended coverage from Amazon
  4. M

I have not seen a teardown of this switch anywhere. Then again I have not seen this switch anywhere except on Amazon. I can't even locate it on Binardat's web page. I purchased it on Amazon's US site for $185.88. According to the ad posting it supports 12KB Jumbo Frames with a 12Mb Packet Buffer...
  5. M

I only have one other system that supports 2.5 G besides the OpnSense system. So I know I need to replace the Netgear with the new switch and then connect my PC that supports 2.5G to the new switch instead of going into the Cisco
  6. M

I can't get iperf3 to work on the OpnSense box I have the plugin installed. When I go to Interfaces - > Diagnotics -> Iperf and click create instance for the LAN it does not show any port information to provide for he client on the other PC
  7. M

My home network right now is all 1GB I am running OpnSense on a Hamsing Jasper Lake based Celeron N5105 Micro Appliance Amazon item B0BB3B2Q58. This goes into a Netgear 4 port managed 1GB switch which connects back to my main Cisco 2960-G switch which has all my other network products...
  8. M

What do you think will actually show up?

That’s interesting… The item you linked to says unmanaged yet the one I have coming is supposed to be a managed switch
  9. M

What do you think will actually show up?

I am supposed to have Amazon item B0BNV8CBRK arrive Sunday. According to the product description, it is a fanless managed 8 port 2.5GB switch with POE. The vendor is Binardat who I never heard of. It does not have any 10GB ports. and it is selling for the low price of $ 185.88 . The specs on...
  10. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yep too much for my budget at the moment. I am using 20 ports of a Cisco 48 port switch but most of the systems on it are 1Gb I could go larger on the.newer switch if it would be at lower price point.
  11. M

If I want a relatively quiet managed switch with 12 copper Ethernet ports or more capable of 1Gb speed and the ability to add 4 or 8 2.5GB copper Ethernet ports what do I need to get on Ebay?
  12. M

I recently acquired a FCX648S-HPOE and need to know what is the correct part to get to add a QSFP+ Port so I can add 2.5GB Ethernet ports? I already purchased a XFP module which I believe is the wrong item
  13. M

I bought the wrong items on E-bay please help me find the correct items

David thanks for the feedback. I will hold off until I get some other confirmation.
  14. M

[WTB] Disk Tray (Type D6) for Synology 1515+

Good point. I will ask my friend to buy this item for me
  15. M

I bought the wrong items on E-bay please help me find the correct items

I had my friend place an order on E-bay because I am banned (honestly not my fault) for an ES4625M Module and a brocade fcx648s-hpoe so I could then get the Mikrotik S+RJ10 6-Speed RJ-45 Module for up to 10 Gbps Copper Module Amazon item B07YJ38TPG which supports 2.5GB ethernet but now I believe...