Recent content by madLyfe

1. madLyfe

X9SCL-F ipmi not registering console input

I'm not using the html5, I'm using ipmiview and the Android app. ipmi defaults to shared so I'm using lan1.
  2. madLyfe

can you rephrase that please
  3. madLyfe

I get the 5 beeps on post if I have a physical USB keyboard attached or not. iirc because the 5 beeps on post also signal not having an add-on gpu or igpu. unless you're talking about when I'm trying to send input to the ikvm console and get the 5 beeps, I have no idea why it's doing that but I...
  4. madLyfe

my X9SCL-F isnt registering console input from ipmiview or the android app. i get the video feed just fine but any mouse movement or keyboard input doesnt register and the system sends out 5 short beeps. i also cant use the virtual keyboard. i can get input working with the text console when its...
  5. madLyfe

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

do you have this bios file any longer?
  6. madLyfe

are you selling that board by chance?
  7. madLyfe

is your X9SCM BIOS nvme boot edit applied on the most recent BIOS released with the 2021 date fix? or is that not how it works?
  8. madLyfe

Recommendations for 1U lab setup - experimenting with containers, etc.

straying outside what HP lists/recommends for the z440, do you happen to know where its out of spec limits are?
  9. madLyfe

WTB: HP Z440 motherboard and heatsink/fan combo

looking for a working HP Z440 motherboard with a matching heatsink and fan to accompany it.
  10. madLyfe

desktop upgrade to workstation - advice needed

trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible, would it be a bad idea to go with an HP Z440 workstation board(specs)? would probably put 2 or 4 DDR4-2133P PC4-17000 16GB sticks in it. not sure about the CPU. im just looking to see if i can get a system better than my i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz...
  11. madLyfe

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

do you still have this fs?
  12. madLyfe

desktop upgrade to workstation - advice needed

ive been using this i5 haswell with 16gb ram since 2013 and im looking for advice on what kind of older and used hardware i can cheaply cobble together as a replacement. my current setup and use is running 3 monitors off my RX470 GPU, heavy browser use with tons of tabs/youtube/PWAs, dev...
  13. madLyfe

FS: (3) Supermicro H8DGU-(F) Servers w/o Chassis

i have two H8DGU and one H8DGU-F servers with dual Opteron 6276 CPUs. the H8DGU-F has the 1U version heatsinks and the H8DGUs have 2Us. 2GB DDR3 ECC(1GB sticks) per CPU. PSUs are included. each has fans if wanted. looking for $175 shipped/each OBO. can work something out for the lot. i have 4...