Recent content by mach3.2

1. M

10g Network cards with sfp+ PCIe4/5

PCIe 4 M.2 to PCIe adapters may work for your use case as well. You can probably crossflash the cheaper MCX512A-ACAT to the MCX512A-ADAT. There's plenty of threads on this board detailing the crossflashing steps.
  2. M

Ya, but those aren't PCIe gen 4. I presume PCIe gen 4/5 is OP's hard requirement.
  3. M

SFP28 ports are backward compatible with SFP+ You're looking at E810 for Intel and ConnectX-5 Ex for Mellanox. The big boys (Intel/Mellanox/Chelsio) isn't going to put PCIe4/5 on a 10Gig card because they don't need it.
  4. M

High temp reported on MCX4121A-ACAT

what happens if you swap the position for both cards? If the temps stay the same, it might be the card being wonky...
  5. M

Minisforum MS-01 Review The 10GbE with PCIe Slot Mini PC

In that case I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's attached to one of the CPU's x4 port instead of the chipset, since one of the supposed CPU NVMe slot is gen 3 instead of 4.
  6. M

Minisforum MS-01 Review The 10GbE with PCIe Slot Mini PC

Looking at Intel's block diagram and the minisforum spec sheet, here's an educated guess. CPU (16 lanes) PCIe 4 x8 slot (8 lanes) M.2 M key gen 4 x4 slot (4 lanes) M.2 M key gen 3 x4 slot (4 lanes) Chipset (PCIe3 12 lanes) X710-DA2 (8 lanes) I226-V (1 lane) i2260-LM (1 lane) M.2 M key gen 3 x2...
  7. M

Problems making SR-IOV work in Proxmox for Mellanox CX3

It's under archived version. https://network.nvidia.com/products/adapter-software/firmware-tools/ Direct link for x64 debian .deb: https://www.mellanox.com/downloads/MFT/mft-4.25.1-11-x86_64-deb.tgz
  8. M

Recommended 10 Gbps NIC for Windows 11?

MCX4121A-ACAT (25GbE) or MCX4121A-XCAT (10GbE). The XCAT version can be flashed to ACAT with a little effort.
  9. M

100G NIC for cheap, where is the catch? | Lenovo branded Intel QSFP28 NIC 00WE029

Those are Omnipath cards, and can only do Omnipath. Not quite the "deal" most people are looking for.
  10. M

MELLANOX MNPA19 XTR ConnectX®-2

Slightly higher power usage as specified in the CX4 Lx datasheet, but the ASIC on both the MCX354A-FCBT and MCX4121A-ACUT runs at the same temperature with the same amount of airflow when I swapped the CX3 out for the CX4 Lx. I use both ports at 10GbE, using a DAC cable.
  11. M

take a look at a mellanox connectx-3 EN/4 Lx datasheet
  12. M

CX2 is pretty damn old with drivers that hasn't been updated in a few years. CX4 Lx isn't really that expensive (~40-50usd) and you get more recent driver support. Barring the CX4 Lx, the CX2 is just poor value proposition when CX3s cost a few bucks more.
  13. M

Mellanox Connect-X4 MCX455A-ECA ESXi 8.0 U2

idk maybe something is missing in your ESXi install. It works for me on a clean install of the latest version of ESXi8 U2. You could live boot ubuntu or debian, then install mst and do the config from there instead too.
  14. M

Flashing blank CX455A to something useful.

I figured that one out, albeit on an MCX4121A-XCAT. Even with J2/FNP shorted, you would still need to disable flash write protection, and the only way to do that is to use the OEM version of flint. You do that on linux by including the "--oem" flag to the ./install.sh script. #./install.sh...
  15. M

Mellanox Connect-X4 MCX455A-ECA ESXi 8.0 U2

Me too. In fact not just on sth....