Recent content by Mace

1. M

No system inventory in IPMI interface for new Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T mobo and Epyc 7443P cpu

Well, that sucks! How long did you have the board and what was wrong with the nic? Asking because every now and then the top nic looses connection and I have to disable and enable it in the OS to get it working again.
  2. M

No system inventory in IPMI interface for new Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T mobo and Epyc 7443P cpu

Takes quite some time for the new firmware to appear on the regular site.
  3. M

I'm on 3.20 and 1.19, had a new BMC chip send to me too, wouldn't update. I still don't see any data in System Inventory. Running a 7313P
  4. M

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

You won't reach the maximum core-speeds without adjusting some things in the Bios. First of all, set the cTDP and PPLC to the max wattage of your CPU. Next, set the Determinism Control to Performance. Reboot and see what that does. I'm still fiddling with other settings (DF Cstates and CCLK) to...
  5. M

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T Review an ATX AMD EPYC Platform

New Bios & BMC Firmware available to download: ASRock Rack > ROMED8-2T Bios 3.20 => Support EPYC7002 and EPYC7003 series CPUs (EPYC7001 is not supported) BMC 01.19.00 => Init some PWM registers. Not installed myself yet, ´because it ain´t broke, I´m not needing to fix it....
  6. M

Heatsink for 4U EPYC Build - Noctua NH-U9 TR4-SP3 vs. Supermicro SNK-P0064AP4

I have the same cooler as you do and a 7313p. Did load&stress test and with all cores running at max speed, the Noctua kept them at around 53-55C. I have it mounted in a 'desktop' case, but during testing it was flat on the table. I think you won't get into heating trouble. What I would do is...
  7. M

New to AMD processors - how to buy EPYC Rome?

I used a 'thread-ripper' torque wrench, but you can clearly feel when it's time to stop screwing with a normal torx-screwdriver. There is a distinct feeling of the screw getting difficult to turn further.
  8. M

newbie: ASRockRack IPMI / Remote Control : trigger boot menu from bmc KVM using F11?

Sorry for digging this oldie up, but HOW do you set the hotkey? Because when I want to make a hotkey and I press F11, the browser goes to full screen, nothing happens in the required field....
  9. M

Oops! Yeah, is Milan indeed... Time for weekend!
  10. M

Is a Rome CPU My bad!
  11. M

7313p. Is actually black, crappy color rendering on my phone. From an online retailer, packaging was AMS original, sealed and all. They shipped it directly when they received it from the distributor,without checking. Could have been an expensive mistake for them, but as I'm raised properly...
  12. M

Well, I can understand why the EPYC ROME CPU are hard to get by.... Ordered 1, received 4 of them.... :cool: