Recent content by m0bilitee

1. m0bilitee

I'm looking for wireless bluetooth earbuds for Android

Those should work. They do make slightly different models where the material varies, some are designed to be more noise blocking whereas the sports ones are a more absorbent foam.
  2. m0bilitee

I'm looking for wireless bluetooth earbuds for Android

I love my JLab Epic2 bluetooths for the gym. Highly rated on wirecutter.com. I've had mine since September and use them for 4 x 1.5 hour gym visits per week. Amazon.com: JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED fitness, waterproof IPX5 rated, skip-free sound, pristine...
  3. m0bilitee

Monero Mining Performance

Sure thing, Idle power on this particular system is around 90W, it runs a little warm I think. I am going to play with some undervolting settings in Wattman before I go down the custom bios path.
  4. m0bilitee

Yep, I used that same resource as a sanity check for my 480's. They are indeed user submitted and some of them are pretty outlandish, but even so it's a reference to start with. I still think you need to factor in power to get that sweet spot of profitability. Getting 25 more hashes/second and...
  5. m0bilitee

No secret, just downclocking the core, the power utilization, and upping the memory clock. I'm right where it starts to throw errors. Total system power is right around 160w.
  6. m0bilitee

Well, that's not total system power. That's the GPU core, Afterburner from MSI reporting. I have it tweaked down now to around 65-67 Watts, I'm power limiting to -19, temp limit at 50, and have the core clock at 1160 with the memory clocked up to 1856 (again not a modded bios yet as of this...
  7. m0bilitee

Boy, hard to say. I just got started in this myself with newer hardware on the GPU side so I don't have much experience. I'd do a search and see what others have pulled off with those.
  8. m0bilitee

AMD RX 480 and 470 cards seem to do better than Nvidia ones when it comes to Monero. On a slightly tweaked RX 480 Sapphire I'm doing around 570 hashes/second and probably pulling around 70 watts on the GPU itself. I'm going to be tweaking BIOS to try to drop that power usage even more, but for...
  9. m0bilitee

AMD Ryzen 7 Parts Available for Pre-Order Now!

Here's an Amazon bundle with an Asus motherboard for preorder, along with a link there to just the processor for the 1700. Amazon.com: AMD YD1700BBAEBOX Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler & ASUS PRIME X370-PRO Motherboard Bundle: Computers & Accessories
  10. m0bilitee

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

It does say in the spec sheet pdf: Rack Mountable with Mount Brackets (Included) So it's not a fluke. :)
  11. m0bilitee

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

How's the noise level?
  12. m0bilitee

APC PDU & UPS Questions

You're correct. That Model is a 208v version and your exsiting UPSs are the 110v variety, so you unfortunately can't use them with your UPS units. Assuming a home lab setup, I've never seen anyone with 208v setups, but it's entirely possible with the crew around here. :)
  13. m0bilitee

Any Cord Cutters / HDHomeRun users here?

Old school HD Homerun for me, with MythTV as a back end which has existing in one shape or another for eons (started with Hauppauge cards, then a PCI HD card, etc). I use Kodi as a front end on Linux, a Windows 10 old laptop for an HTPC, and on MacOSX as well. I did a p2v of the back end...
  14. m0bilitee

LSI SAS 3008 - convert existing C: drive to RAID?

Hi gang, I just got a new system (Dell Precision) with an LSI 3008, and inadvertently ordered it with no RAID configured on the controller. There are 2 drives and I want to create a virtual drive as RAID1 for it, but the individual physical drives are listed as Unconfigured Good when using the...
  15. m0bilitee

all I can say is "What are they thinking?" ...

As I recall, SQL server is many many generations away from once being an offshoot of Sybase. The circle of life continues.