Recent content by Luzer

1. Luzer

EXPIRED ASUS Pro WS W680-ACE IPMI - $330

sold out
  2. Luzer

Borked Flash of a Mellanox CX354A ConnectX-3 - Missing Second Port

I had some more time to look at this and it seems the second port on the NIC doesnt work when plugged in to the bottom PCIe port, no. 3, on the Dell R730. I tested two Connectx-3 cards in port 3 on the Dell and only a single port worked and plugged them in to other servers and both ports work...
  3. Luzer

Changed to 512 sector for HITACHI-Netapp Hard Drive but cant Format, Partition, or Reflash

Using Niagara it looks like these drives are locked. I'll return them and do some more research on 520b drives so I can fill up my NAS at a discount. Starting download for SCSI Cobra-EP device C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/HGST-Ultrastar-C10K600-HUC106003CSS60-SAS-IBM-D2F8.LOD was loaded into...
  4. Luzer

Changed to 512 sector for HITACHI-Netapp Hard Drive but cant Format, Partition, or Reflash

I purchased these drives off of eBay and I was able to reformat them to 512 but I cant add a partition with ESXi, Windows, or Gpart live in Ubuntu Live CD. I tried to flash like on this thread but I get the error below 'Write buffer failed: Illegal request, type: sense key, apart from Invalid...
  5. Luzer

Integrated NIC Preventing Boot of a X9SCM-F - NVM Currupt

The two beeps would happen then it would try to boot almost immediately, it would show the Supermicro POST screen. Sounds like a plan. Once I have more time to turn off the server I'll give it a try. I'm debating flashing the BIOS though the SPI and I'm wondering where to start. I think I can...
  6. Luzer

I've tried to get the motherboard into BIOS recovery mode and it doesnt want to. I did hear the two beeps once or twice but no 'recovery mode'. I'm using a 1gb USB drive and have the CMOS battery out. When the power button is pressed I hold down a single or both CTRL and Home and it POSTS, the...
  7. Luzer

Thanks for the reply. I'll be able to test this in a day or two. So the first NIC and the IPMI share ROM/firmware?
  8. Luzer

So somehow I was able to get it to boot with the NIC enbaled but TrueNas doesn't see it as an interface to assign to. The activity light is on and LSPCI sees it but nothing under ifconfig. 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09) 00:01.0 PCI...
  9. Luzer

I'm lucky enough to get a x9scm-f from a friend that said it didn't work. The when I first booted it I got the error below and after some troubleshooting I changed the jumper to disable the NIC and it booted. I don't see any other issues as I have TruNAS running for some testing. I was thinking...
  10. Luzer

Optane P4800X 1.5TB - $629 - 0 hours

Do these work like normal hard drives on a NVMe port or does the BIOS need to support 'Optane'?
  11. Luzer

I was able to recover it using the linked thread but the 1'st port doesn't want to come up. Windows did see it as a interface and I tried two known working cables and ports. I wonder if it's just a bad connector inside the port. Recovery reflash: PS C:\Users\Administrator> flint -d...
  12. Luzer

Thanks for the reminder. I'll give it a try in my next visit to the Colo in a few weeks.
  13. Luzer

Would it work in a live boot or Ubuntu or so I need to install?
  14. Luzer

Was able to flash: [root@esx:~] /opt/mellanox/bin/flint -d mt4099_pci_cr0 -i /tmp/fw-ConnectX3-rel-2_42_5000-MCX354A-FCB_A2-A5-FlexBoot-3.4.752.bin -allow_psid_change burn Current FW version on flash: 2.40.5030 New FW version: 2.42.5000 You are about to replace...