Recent content by luckyz0r

1. L

New HomeLab server

Could this work for my TrueNAS + plex? Only need max 2 transcoding (the transcoding is because of internet limitation, my upload at home is shit) 330€ with shipping: Dell T330 Tower Server i3-6100 8GB RAM DDR4 (will change this for ddr3 1600 ECC-4x16go ram ddr3L Ecc Samsung / 64Gb PC3L 1600mHz...
  2. L

New HomeLab server

For now all my network (3 switchs, 3 unifi APs, isp modem),the microserver gen8 and 1 camera, I have a constant consuption of 70/80w. 250w+ only for the server is really a lot. In EU the price of the electricity is very, very high so I would say, each watt counts. I don't need something as...
  3. L

New HomeLab server

for the pfsense router (I really wanted to have a dedicated hardware for this) I bought a old fugitsu S920 for35€, I will put a 2 nic port 1Gb (i will change this for a 2.5 or 10gb nics) I really love my HPgen8, but it lacks of "space" to upgrade, I wanted to create a windows VM (for some...
  4. L

New HomeLab server

can you give me some examples? My Gen8 is running on my garage, sound is not an issue, however if I can have something good without use 400w in idle it would be great. I was thinking on keep the gen8 as NAS, but I can use it for the pfsense + home assistant with SSD's for example, I can...
  5. L

New HomeLab server

Hello, I have a Microserver Gen8 - it's runing ESXI with Pfsense, Home assistant, OMV6 and RHEL9 for containers E3-1230 v2 16 RAM ECC (it's the maximum) 4x4TB WD RED NAS I'm running everything in one and only server, if something goes wrong, well no internet, nothing. I wanted to buy a 2nd...
  6. L

CWWK N6005 V5 i-226

Thank you for your answer. I will buy it with paypal, its more secure. Do you think this will work? Samsung 980 MZ-V8V500BW thinking on buying 2, for mirror And this RAM? Corsair Vengeance SODIMM 32GB (1x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz
  7. L

CWWK N6005 V5 i-226

Hello all, I'm thinking about buying this one, but there are 0.0% of feedback in this store. Anyone already bought from this store? Should I buy it with ram and ssd or barebone? If barebone , what kind of ram and ssd should I buy? I will run proxmox + pfsense + home assistant + RHEL9 with...
  8. L

Problems with a N5105 2.5gbe appliance

Do you think this can handle proxmox: pfsense + home assistant? This would be my main box for my home.
  9. L

Problems with a N5105 2.5gbe appliance

@Leeps are you happy with this box for pfsense 2.6.0? 8Gb and 128Gb it's good enough? I'm thinking on switch my Pfsense VM for a barebone pfsense device. Thanks for your help. Ivan