Recent content by lostmind

1. L

Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

We tried the new driver, no difference for us. this: pcie_port_pm=off pcie_aspm.policy=performance has run without issue for days... nearly a week now. Ahh neat. The bifurcation option is a big deal... I didn't notice it in there, now I will have to check.
  2. L

yah we have been testing this with the grub conf updated with those lines. It has made it 48 hours without issues so far. What is your solution for fitting 4 x m.2 drives on this board?
  3. L

Troubles with the board are still ongoing. While on the racks, tried replacing the psu, tried a new motherboard, ram tests fine in memtest, tried a single sata to install onto, tried without a riser... all resulted in the same error "PCIe link lost Reset adapter" after a few hours of running...
  4. L

Just a heads up for anyone else with this board. Supermicro suggested we ship them the full system to troubleshoot. I declined. Figured it was possibly a bad motherboard. Ordered a second and swapped the boards. Same issue. At this point I am unsure what the issue is. Going to head back to...
  5. L

KY is answering my support questions about this board as well. Had an issue with onboard ethernet ports getting PCIe link lost, Reset adapter messages... and the server going offline. I tried a10g intel x710 adapter, wouldn't boot up past the "dxe—superio initialization 99" portion. Couldn't...
  6. L

enterprise m.2 nvme drive greater than 1.9tb?

Just an update in case anyone else is going down this path. No one has more than 1 unit of these drives in stock with no eta on more units coming in. I'd just upgrade the server hardware to a platform with better nvme support except, no stock on that anywhere either. Situation is so bad Dell...
  7. L

Thanks Bluefox! The samsung model may be perfect for my use case!
  8. L

Hi there. I am on the hunt for some m.2 nvme drives with a storage capacity greater than 1.9tb. Need PLP and at least 1dwpd endurance. So far all I can find is the micron 7300 pro at 3.8tb, but it is out of stock everywhere (I bought one on newegg for testing and the seller messaged me to...
  9. L

Supermicro X11-SCL IF stuck at boot-process Code 2F

I have had the same problem but different x11 board and cpu. I contacted supermicro support and they got it sorted for me (turns out in my case, the ram model was 1 digit off, my old man eyes didn't notice and when my vendor shipped the correct ram, all was well).
  10. L

Asrockrack X470D4U and zen3 / Ryzen 5900X support

yah my experience with asrocks beta bios was so bad it broke the IPMI completely. Trying to rma now.
  11. L

ASRock Rack X570D4U

Yup, it boots and I used the socflash to reflash the bmc. Unfortunately, it failed. I reloaded the actual BIOS fw as well, hoping it would fix the issue and didn't. Sadly, still waiting on a reply from Asrock.
  12. L

ASRock Rack X570D4U

Yup. I understand that. You DO need to update the bios to support the new CPU's. Which I did. However, once that is updated, the BMC is no longer functional. Which is why I tried to get the BMC firmware updated separately. But sadly that failed. I did not test out the BMC prior to updating...
  13. L

X570D4U-2L2T

It's the X570D4U.I think the board is broken. I'm going to try for an RMA, which is a pain as I waited for this board since... november. Good thing it's for a personal project...
  14. L

X570D4U-2L2T

Interesting! I am running the beta bios and it has no fw for the BMC. So no remote access. I tried manually loading the BMC fw, but it didn't work out.