Recent content by LodeRunner

1. L

Watchguard M390 replacement

I don't know that it's entirely equivalent to what PA does (I have managed PA's before) but you can get Zenarmor as a plugin for OPNSense.
  2. L

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

To my recollection, the cEOS and vEOS images are missing pretty much everything needed to run on actual hardware.
  3. L

@DannyDB Turns out the reason I didn't need the workaround was that I bought FS.com optics coded for Arista and I also have a SFP programmer. So I don't have the command. From what I'm reading, the "bash touch /mnt/flash/enable3px" method is not dependent on the eOS version, but the switch...
  4. L

I run that version or a very close one on a 7050QX-32S and I didn’t need to do the 3x workaround, there was a command that just did it. I’ll check my running config shortly and see if I can find the command, if you haven’t found it via Google already.
  5. L

Total beginner here. How to view view sites visited on router/redirect devices using VPN?

It also depends on the VPN configuration. If the VPN is a full tunnel, then all your gateway will see is a bunch of encrypted traffic that's not decrypted until it hits the VPN server. As CyklonDX said, you'd need to do what companies often do and hard block outbound traffic using the...
  6. L

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Yeah, TPM 2.0 + Secure Boot.
  7. L

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

As far as I recall, it won't stop you from using 3rd party optics of any sort, but the optical monitoring will be disabled by default for non Brocade optics and can be overridden with a console command. Of course, if you're ordering from FS.com just have them code the optics or DACs as Brocade...
  8. L

Try just '1000-full' instead of '1000-full-master'? Or is just '1000-full' not available on the 6610?
  9. L

In UniFi you can assign a VLAN to a SSID and the AP will tag the traffic, so you do a trunk to the AP. For sanity, the trunk port default (untagged) VLAN should be the management VLAN, then tagged VLAN IDs for your client traffic.
  10. L

Yes, that's pretty much it. buy the official Ruckus cable or hack one together. If a previous owner plugged in a standard USB cable expecting a USB to serial UART on the far end, then they most likely burned it out completely since they would have hit the serial port with USB line voltage...
  11. L

Looking at what you pasted, I don't see that you've added any ports to the VLAN as either tagged or untagged. I only have 7k series units, so my syntax is slightly different for trunking, but for a pure trunk port where you have may not need a default/native/untagged VLAN, the command should be...
  12. L

It’s general network advice: fixed infrastructure should be static IP so if DHCP fails in some way, you don’t lose your management access.
  13. L

Sorry missed that you did. What ports on the 6450 are connected? TFTP only works via the regular switch ports when the switch OS boots; TFTP only works via the management port when in the boot loader.
  14. L

If Windows, either add TFTPd to Windows Firewall or disable the firewall.
  15. L

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I have used NetSpot; I really should get a GPS receiver for my laptop to be able to map precisely. Good lord, Ekahau is expensive. Even if I had that kind of cash to throw around willy-nilly, I don't think I could convince myself to buy it for home use. If you're in the business of doing site...