Recent content by lihp

1. lihp

raidix eraraid on 4 nvme - request your perf test

You have zero clue, what you are talking about. Instead you post some articles and none of your own tests and findings. +You are unable to see a difference between Marketing, Rumours and Tech. Seriously get a life. +Ignore
  2. lihp

That article is the source of your facts? Seriously? Obviously I did exactly that: ask and received facts from Xinnor. What does that make you? No need for 2nd class. --- PS: So, just to get it right: you spread false rumours only to post articles. Articles which sound more like bought ads...
  3. lihp

Seriously spreading false rumours is exactly what Russia does. Interestingly you do the same. Coincedence? So no, xinnor is not funding Russia or Russia's war at all, actually more on the funding side for #Ukraine. And I lack words for people like you.
  4. lihp

Hints on server sizing: Single threaded, sync loads are 1 core only loads. At 6-8+ current Enterprise SSDs you can put a core on an Epyc 7003 system at 100% load easily. In production for this you want a 7003+ Epyc (7443(P) for low budget imho minimum) or current TR Pro, optionally Ryzen 9 7950...
  5. lihp

Xinnor, former raidix is now a pure Israel company. Tbh I didnt find any getting close to eraraid performance. Imho it is very mature and stable. Yet cope with it: its a scissor, a razor, not a hammer. Meaning RTFM.
  6. lihp

Works like a charm. Personally I had to learn much more about storage caching than I anticipated. Some findings: RTFM - it's all in the manuals. Those are exceedingly good and precise. Tuning: you must tune the RAID to your workload. You can tune it for low latency (eg. iSCSI, SRP, iNVME), high...
  7. lihp

Nope, no longer. Raidix is now Xinnor, an Israel company. Actually they decided on that move around March 2022, meaning I see their move as protest and not opportunism.
  8. lihp

Tbh: I dont know, why I didnt look twice - figure the low µ-latency plain got me really early in the morning. Then again nice reason to do it right - thats why I dont delete the thread, but instead update with new numbers, latest Sat noon.
  9. lihp

This. You are 100% correct. (Sitting here blushing that I didnt cross-check once more after 1 month of testing). Will do, need some time. PS - @ectoplasmosis : Except one value (SEQ1M Q8T1) the values are actually physically possible. Thats exactly where I should have seen it for a RAID5...
  10. lihp

Plain discussion only and ofc curiosity for additional input to improve. What buffled me on today's test run are the 40µs latency, which made me like: ooook, just post on sth and see for the opinion of others. Apart from that, eraraid is free for up to 4 drives - so its an option for any home...
  11. lihp

*REMARK* - Update follows (Friday eve or Saturday noon) - below numbers included caching. Just putting up some benchmarks without additional comments. Request your own - discuss freely. System environment: Hardware EPYC Milan 7443P 256GB RAM 3200 MHz PCIe 4.0 (SuMi H122SSL-NT) 4x KIOXIA CM6-V...
  12. lihp

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

Sorry not from me since I dont live in the US
  13. lihp

Epyc 7443P and all those missing 7003 Epycs + next Threadripper info

Meaning you want one, but dont get one? Which country are you in? Esspecially in Europe I can help ya.
  14. lihp

Epyc NVME 7443P

You are correct. Thanks for pointing it out. So lets see when I am going for that another 256GB RAM... ;)
  15. lihp

Epyc NVME 7443P

Figure I check speed on next boot first and see from there. Ill keep the results posted. And yes, not a memory geek, but still surprised.