Recent content by Leo Atreides

1. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Hey sorry for the late reply. The graphics card does overheat and yeah I am going to cut holes in it.
  2. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

AFAIK the retail samples cant be overclocked.
  3. L

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

You need an ES or possibly an QS chip
  4. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

With the IceGiants I have managed to stay at 3.8Ghz long enough to get this https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cinebench_-_r23_multi_core_with_benchmate/ Down to 15th place. I read on the site that there might be better voltage / clock speed pairs. To learn how to do it you need ExecutableFix's...
  5. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I am not the most experienced hobby builder on the site, those air coolers do look good, but they are not blowing front to back, which is what you want on he Supermicro DS11 boards so you can get some cooling on the VRMs. I have used the noctuas that fit 4u chassis and they were not good enough...
  6. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I bought it here, this has more info on the product https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-5U-Industrial-pc-case-server_1600072685264.html
  7. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

There are two fans 120mm fans in the front panel that draw from the side vents, and there are on my case there are 2 80mm fans on the back. I changed the front fans to 2x 140mm noctua which draw through th e side vents and the icegaints which pull from front to back work fine.
  8. L

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Sorry for the delay in getting bck to you. The mobo is SuperMicro H11DSi The case is 5u so as to fit the IceGiants https://www.macase.hk/Industrial-LCD-Case-Server-Chassis/28867.html I didnt get the touchscreen set up yet as I got a contract around about the time I got the case, so didnt...
  9. L

best heatsink (4U) for 2xEpyc 280W

I used two IceGiant ProSiphon Elite but I also used 5u case. The cooler are 164mm so for u4 there would only be about 14mm for the standoffs, motherboard and CPU, you would to measure the remaining height you have. They also blow front to back and provide some cooling for the the VRMs. I use...
  10. L

Not me, but I also got the offer too.
  11. L

Dell Epyc 7742 - unlock

I've heard that putting any retail 7742 into a Dell locks it. If that is so then it could be ( I am guessing ) a blown out capacitor on the backplane. I dont think its on the silicon, that would require substantial additional investment.
  12. L

Isn't this entire thread about hacking the BIOS to unlock ES / QS and open hidden AMD BIOS settings :p
  13. L

Lucky you ! I am waiting to end of the month to get the company invoices in before I can risk this one. I was going to go for both of them in the GIGABYTE MZ72-HB0. Let us know how it works out :) I imagine you will have to get creative with the bios and hex edit it together to get it to work !
  14. L

I had that problem so i reported them as Threadrippers, which is reasonable as its what CPU-Z thinks they are ( ZS1406E2VJUG5 )
  15. L

Well that 88014 score been accepted as a submission - its in 11th place in the leaderboard, its on the right side of the page below, so I dont quite understand what you saying. The 89600+ submission I cant find, if you found it can you post a link ...