Recent content by leerees

1. L

quieten down noisey fans on hp proliant dl380p

Hi Guys, I have a proliant dl380p with a broken ILO, sometimes i can get it online for one session after a firmware flash but then afterwards it wont work. I've concluded that the NAND memory has died. My question is, are there any BIOS settings people know that will stop the random fan...
  2. L

HP Proliant 380p Gen8 - ILO4 not working

Can anybody help with this, There must be something I can do as the ILO did work once. If I can't is there anything I can set in the bios that will stop the fans spinning up to full speed randomly?
  3. L

I managed to flash the ILO using the hardware flash utility. It worked and the ILO came back online and the fan problem went away. However, after powering off the server to move it to another location it went back to the same issue as before, ILO not responding. Is this something to do with...
  4. L

Videos of your rigs / servers

Wow, It looks like your proxy is converting your coins into bitcoin for you? Would you be willing to share the binaries or source for the community? If not then maybe just tell us a bit more about how it works...
  5. L

The ILO4 sometimes reports an ip address but all the time it says its not available. I downloaded the HP Smart update manager 7.6.2 and it updated all the other components but gave an error on ILO: Online ROM Flash Engine: FLASH_ILO 4 1.17 (Sep 30 2015) Error: Make sure hp Lights-Out driver...
  6. L

Lunch talk - flat earth dude launches himself in a steam powered rocket

There's 3 things in life that are guaranteed, Death, Tax and Darwinism.
  7. L

I'm liking this! Chart Average Hash Rate 3.18 KH/s (0.022068 XMR/$3.81/day)
  8. L

Hi Guys, I've made a little video of my servers documenting the Monero hardfork as it happened. I was hoping some of you guys could post some videos of your servers and show us what you're doing with your mining.
  9. L

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

Thanks for the reply, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
  10. L

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

Hi Guys, Is there any update regarding the multipool switcher?
  11. L

Docker xmrig cryptonight universal

My dual 2660v2's hash at 1010 h/s with one 4GB stick. My server originally came with 256GB, I didn't notice any difference apart from less power usage after removing all the sticks. I also underclocked the remaining stick of memory. As for numa nodes, I tried to understand what it meant and...
  12. L

Monero pool vs Nicehash at fork time

I have 4 x 2660v2's that bring in around £1.50 a day on nicehash. It's not great, this is why I'm hoping nicehash earnings will go crazy after the fork. I've heard that the new fork will actually have a LOWER hashrate, this is why i think direct mining XMR via a pool will be pointless. If anyone...
  13. L

Hi Guys, I have a proliant dl380p G8 and on boot the UEFI / BIOS says it cannot communicate with ILO4. I don't need ILO as it's only a crypto mining server. Everything else works fine, the actual problem is the fans keep randomly switching from full blast to nothing at all. Is there a way I...
  14. L

Docker xmrig cryptonight universal

Thanks for the update, has the donate.h file been adjusted so that the donation level is 0?
  15. L

Monero pool vs Nicehash at fork time

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you are going to mine direct or switch to nicehash at fork time. My theory is the price of cryptonight hashing go through the roof due to speculators wanting to quickly pick up Monero, should we put all our nodes onto Nicehash to get some bitcoin? Still trying to...