Recent content by Laszlo

1. L

ES Xeon Discussion

Matlab can be CPU instensive indeed, but for most of the time, it is single threaded. You have to work on your code to make it multi threaded (for e.g. with parfor cycles). If you have a multi threaded code, it can take advantage of the extra resources and you can perform crazy computations. But...
  2. L

SUNON MFC0381V1 MagLev FANs 120x120x38MM 4wire

The closest I got was this catalog (page 74):http://www.sunon.com/index2/uFiles/file/03_products/08-catalog download/Sunon DC Brushless Fan & Blower_(240-A).pdf I think this is a low static pressure part. (Around 0.3 inch-H2O) On the fan it is stated that the min cfm is 127. Its Dell part number...
  3. L

SUNON MFC0381V1 MagLev FANs 120x120x38MM 4wire

Correct me, If I'm wrong, but I think this is a good deal, the seller accepted 8$s/Fan (now I think it can be less) for four items, and even changed the propietary Dell connector to 4Pin PWM. So far I'm satisfied, as even though these fans move a lot of air are really quiet. SUNON...
  4. L

SM X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F issues with Intel RSTe Raid

Is it always the same drive?
  5. L

Tgtbt - HGST Ultrastar 3TB pulls - 10.92

I know, I might have just used the wrong word... That is exactly what I think.
  6. L

The same here. I have written both in mail and on Ebay to them, they said the same. I'm a bit nervous, I don’t think this process should take that much time. It like they are sitting on our money and might even use it.
  7. L

Bought 4. Thanks for sharing.
  8. L

PCIe to M.2 Adapters Ableconn PEXM2-110 v Startech Low Profile

I'm also looking for an adapter, mostly on Ebay, and there are a lot of options, but not sure how reliable they are. There are many cheap chinese ones, but on these I guess the supply voltage is simply "generated" with resitances (I don't really know, I'm not an electrical engineer.) These two...
  9. L

Which card to get? (LSI 9211-8i)

Greetings! I'm thinking of buying 1 or 2 HBA/Raid cards and my choice will be one of the LSI 9211-8i variants. Most likely I'll be using it for Raid 1/10. There are many cards from different vendors (Perc H200, H310, Fujitsu D2607 rev A11, A21, IBM M1015) and I don't know which might be the...
  10. L

Best AsRack X99 Motherboard to run E5-2698 V4 ES (QHUZ / QHZD)

According to this discussion, it can only boost to x28. Rampage V Extreme - E5 2696 V3 (18/36)
  11. L

Apparently getting higher turbo is only possible with the microcode hack.
  12. L

Hi! I am not sure about this, but the Taichi seems to be the only one supporting v4 Xeons out of the box, as it was released around the Broadwell-E launch. In addition to that, if you look at the bioses for the Extreme 4: ASRock > X99 Extreme4 it is specifically stated, which bios supports the...
  13. L

How Reputable Is I Computer Parts International on Ebay?

I don't know, but probably I'd choose the safer way. If I am right, QFQG has slightly higher multis (it has to be confirmed by someone, who actualy owns one, as from the HW-Info screenshoots only the max is obvious, so no all core is known), so it is no wonder if its performance is also higher.
  14. L

How Reputable Is I Computer Parts International on Ebay?

Well, its strange, considering the fact that the cpu-z version appears to be the same. But there is one thing I was thinking about. What if the cpu version is not the same? If you look at the HW-Info screenshot, three different spec codes are listed, QFQG, QG7R and QG** something. There are...