Recent content by Lambdariver

1. L

DEAD: Used Ruckus R710 - good deal $150USD shipped or less in qty

Thanks! Just picked up the 5-pack to replace my R600s. Good to get supported firmware and a bit more power to punch through thick walls.
  2. L

EXPIRED ebay Intel P3605 1.6TB HHHL - 140 (sold out)-150 (sold out) USD shipped

Count me in the fan club too! Running most of my homelab workloads on a pair of these for years and have even used them as plotting drives for Chia crypto without much of a hit to endurance.
  3. L

(US) HP t740 thin client, 270 USD + 18 USD shipping

I actually purchased one from them yesterday for 240 + 18 shipping. They might go lower but I was impatient to replace my old t730. Definitely great little boxes for the money.
  4. L

New Fujitsu D3348-B23 Motherboard (LGA2011-3), $200 OBO ($140 accepted), Ebay

I use Fujitsu hardware quite a bit at work and have been very pleased with their initial and long term failure rate. I was sad when my sales rep told me they’re exiting the North American market for enterprise hardware.
  5. L

18TB Hard Drive for under $500

WL = White Label = relabeled drive warrantied by the seller instead of the manufacturer Based on the specs, I'm guessing HGST Ultrastar DC HC550
  6. L

Supermicro AOC-STGN-I1S $18 shipped

I vote yes! 10gbit to a file server in the home is really nice
  7. L

Supermicro AOC-STGN-I1S $18 shipped

Thanks! Picked up one to put in my hackintosh. The short depth should help a lot.
  8. L

10 Intel NUC's + 5 Nvidia Jetson TK1's Mini PC 1u Single Board Computer Array

I got an offer accepted at 2 for 500. may try to throw some lightweight encoding workloads at this. Any idea what architecture rabb.it used on the software side?
  9. L

36 bay 4U Server Storage Chassis

They have some chunky electrolytic capacitors used to flush their RAM when they lose power. The Isilon file system is all software defined so there’s no traditional controller card.
  10. L

HGST 1.6TB SAS3 - $140 - HUSMM1616ASS204

I’ve done the format to a couple of cache drives from an EMC array and it worked out okay. Just take off the board and hook directly to SAS. This was a couple years ago so maybe it has changed but I doubt it. Worth a try! ugh. I couldn’t help myself and pulled the trigger. FWIW the drives I...
  11. L

Lite-on DS-8ABSH Slim DVD $7.05 shipped

I recently had to use a dvd drive to load oracle’s hypervisor as their installer refused to work with usb drives. Also good when vendors paywall their drivers online and your account can’t access them because they managed to mess up the entitlements. That waste of a cd included in the box looks...
  12. L

Intel DC S3500 120GB $20.00 - need a boot drive?

Thanks! Just picked up a pair
  13. L

15TB SAS3 SSDs $1500

Your Linux iso collection of course
  14. L

15TB SAS3 SSDs $1500

That's a great use case! Maybe throw squid on there to stretch the Musk-net bandwidth further This is costly, but that density is oh so sweet. Would love to banish the spinning rust from my personal storage.... Seems like that future may be close
  15. L

Cyberpower 900W $125 Prime Day

Great deal, thanks! I picked up one. It's only a stepped sine wave output, so it's not quite the same as the 2017 deal, but this will fit the bill for my usage