Recent content by kyo77

1. K

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

Curious, what is the idle power consumption?
  2. K

Hyper-V rookie

Are you just looking to grant users access to a VM or you want to grant them access to Hyper-V and allow them to create VMs? I don't believe there is a simple way to grant access to Hyper-V as an administrator but also limiting them access to your VMs, if you wanted them the ability to create...
  3. K

Dell/EMC P5600

Any there any shortcoming in buying a Dell/EMC branded P5600 NVMe ssd besides the inability to update firmware outside of a dell server?
  4. K

(US) $557 NEW Intel Optane 905P Series 960GB 2.5" x 15mm U.2

I also received the retail box, but I received a second tracking number for the extra adapter. It hasn't arrived yet though.
  5. K

Cooling the CPU, X11SDV-4C-TLN2F

@kingcody What measurement units did you use for these clips? mm or cm? I want to use a service to get these printed for me.
  6. K

Virtual Desktops for Home Use

I probably would just use Windows 10 Pro or an Open Source alternative, where you can just to save on the license cost especially for home use. On a side note, I would look into Microsoft Action Pack. In the past I've seen individuals sign up as Microsoft Partner just to purchase the Action...
  7. K

Xeon e-2100 availability?

There are some Supermicro boards at newegg. SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SCA-F-O ATX Server Motherboard - Newegg.com
  8. K

FS: Asus 10GB 10GBase-T NIC XG-C100C

Card is barely used, probably no more than 24 hours power on time. Comes with original packing. Asking $75 shipped, item is located in NY and will ship using USPS. Paypal only.
  9. K

Need to upgrade my pfSense firewall Hardware to support 1gbps internet bandwith

When I initially setup my pfsense box I did some testing with snort and I was able to push about 700mbs to 800mbs with openvpn. The throughput was limited by openvpn I never tested snort alone and I don't recall the cpu usage . Also during my testing I added squid and antivirus scanning with...
  10. K

Nappit AIO - Typical CPU Usage

Yeah I got this board off a member and it was just sitting around, figured I would use it for testing/sizing. Looking to replace my current setup, so trying to determine if it's better to sell this board and get a e5-26xx v3 or this would be sufficient for my needs.
  11. K

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will try to use less vCPU. Initially I struggled a bit to configure this so I was concerned it was some sort of configuration error which it might of been. I reconfigured and tested against bare metal which performed way better so made me think about just...
  12. K

Yeah I guess I didn't expect saturating 1gbs network would utilize 50% of the cpu. Just using some spare hardware around to test, to size up for a potential homelab server. With 50% utilization I think that the Xeon D-1541 might be under powered a bit. I tested bare metal a few months earlier...