Recent content by Kybber

1. K

Supermicro SAS3 HBA

Thanks for the confirmation that the received unit was in IT mode, which is what I need. From my understanding there is an AOC-S3008L-L8e and an AOC-S3008L-L8i. The former is IT and the latter is IR, but they can both be flashed to the other mode. The AOC-S3108L-L8i is a full-blown RAID card...
  2. K

Supermicro SAS3 HBA

Did the card arrive in IT mode or in IR mode?
  3. K

Supermicro SAS3 HBA

Did you check the links in the Download section here? https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/accessories/addon/AOC-S3008L-L8i.php
  4. K

Supermicro SAS3 HBA

Wow, I am looking for this exact item and just dropped by here to see if there were any great deals on it - good timing! :) Too bad he won't ship to Norway :( May look into forwarding services. Edit: "Sorry, this item cannot be shipped to United States. You are unable to bid on or buy this item...
  5. K

HGST 8TB SAS HUH728080AL5200

Different ad, different seller, but best price at ebay at the moment. If everyone agrees that $80/drive is a great price then I'd argue that $90/drive is pretty good too ;)
  6. K

HGST 8TB SAS HUH728080AL5200

Same drive here: HGST/Sun 8TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS HUH728080AL5200 W/TRAY | eBay Dealer accepted $90 per drive for 6.
  7. K

Is Noctua D9DX i4 3u the go-to for SC836?

No issues. I have 128GB of RAM, and am almost certain that it's 8GB sticks only, so that means all slots are occupied.
  8. K

Is Noctua D9DX i4 3u the go-to for SC836?

I use two of those in my 836 chassis. They fit perfectly. Can't remember if I added the second fan or not. Been running fine for 3 1/2 years now with an Intel SC2600CP2J and two E5-2670.
  9. K

Considering upgrade from Intel/E5-2670v1 to SM/E5-2620v4

Ah, you're correct. I changed/broadened my search and now find 32GB ECC REG modules that seem to be compatible with the board (according to memory.net) for around that price. Thanks! :) So now all I have to do is make a decision on whether to make the switch or not...
  10. K

Unfortunately the cheapest ECC REG modules are $120, and I would need to verify that they are compatible with the MB. Good thing is they're from China which means no import tax and no freight. Bad thing is they're from China.
  11. K

Thanks a lot for your responses. I was hoping for a "yes, go ahead and upgrade asap - your life will be so much better after" kind of response, but no such luck ;) I'm a bit confused though: nk215 indicates that DDR4 is expensive, while T_Minus says 128GB DDR4 is cheap. Or did I misunderstand...
  12. K

I am hoping to get some advice on whether to upgrade my server or not. A week ago I came across a crazy cheap offer for a complete Supermicro server with the following: MB: SuperMicro X-10 DRL-i CPU: Dual E5-2620v4 2.10GHz RAM: 64GB (4*16GB, so 4 unused slots) Disk controller: AOC-S3108L-H8IR...
  13. K

Anyone know of a wifi smart plug with default on after outage?

If you are willing to flash custom firmware, then many wifi plugs, at least those based on ESP8266 chips, can do what you request. E.g. Tasmota, ESPEasy, ESPHome, ESPurna. This does require a USB-Serial programmer chip (USD 5 or so) and perhaps a bit of soldering to attach serial pins to the...
  14. K

ZFS pool faulted "too many errors", but no errors?

Thanks, guys. I did a zpool clear followed by a scrub. No issues whatsoever. Syslog entries pasted below. Not sure exactly what happened, but I guess it was (at least reasonably) benign. I'll keep this as a record so I can check back if something similar happens again. Also running a smart long...
  15. K

ZFS pool faulted "too many errors", but no errors?

My proxmox host sent me the following mail half an hour ago: The number of I/O errors associated with a ZFS device exceeded acceptable levels. ZFS has marked the device as faulted." So I logged on to my host and found this: # zpool status pool: rpool state: DEGRADED status: One or more...