Recent content by Kubowski

1. K

InterVLAN Routing Issues - Something missing?

-facepalm- I know. I even have an "It's always DNS" sticker on my laptop. In seriousness though, I'm still confused why Windows requires a DNS server set for it to respond to pings. To its IP address. Routing only. Bloody Windows.
  2. K

I think I need a few drinks. I've spent hours troubleshooting this today. We have a product called Cisco Umbrella, so I tried uninstalling that on one of my machines.. suddenly things work. But.. it now also works on the machine that still has Cisco Umbrella installed... I also went and...
  3. K

A traceroute from a device in VLAN1, say IP 10.0.0.10 trying to reach 10.10.50.150 you get: Tracing route to 10.10.50.150 over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.211 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 * * * Request timed out...
  4. K

Damn.. "ping 10.10.10.1 source 10.10.50.1": Ping self done. I checked both device 10.10.50.150 and 10.10.10.150. The gateways and subnet masks are correct, there's no additional / stray gateway entries, both have their respective VE as the gateway. The two clients are directly plugged into...
  5. K

-nods- It'll take me some time to schedule a service window, so I won't have an update for a bit. Annoyingly. I would have already done those things if this was a greenfield implementation, but alas. Lessons learned for additional things to change when I'm staging other locations: assuming one...
  6. K

Good Question. This is in production right now so I can't test at the moment. But I'll add that to my "things to test" when I have a service window. Additional items I'm currently going to test: 1) Change the native VLAN to something different. Supposedly the native VLAN has some quirks. 2)...
  7. K

It almost feels like the "gateway of last resort" on the switch is taking priority over the connected route. If that were to be happening, I could understand those traceroutes. (There's a static route on the gateway of last resort (the firewall) that will send the traffic to the switch...
  8. K

From Device in VLAN 50 with IP 10.10.50.150: Tracing Route to 10.10.10.150 over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.10.50.1 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 * * * Request timed out. 4 * * * Request timed...
  9. K

I haven't even gotten to DHCP configuration, just some test devices in each VLAN with static IP configuration, including the respective correct gateway for its own VLAN / subnet. Device in VLAN10, static network settings are: IP 10.10.10.150, its gateway is 10.10.10.1 Device in VLAN50, static...
  10. K

Some additional things, it does indeed seem to be a routing issue on the switch itself, I just don't understand why. The switch is using L3 routing firmware. show ip route: Total number of IP routes: 4 Type Codes - B:BGP D:Connected O:OSPF R:RIP S:Static; Cost - Dist/Metric BGP Codes - i:iBGP...
  11. K

An existing network configuration I am overseeing had a flat layout, using 10.0.0.0/24. The SonicWALL firewall with IP 10.0.0.230 acting as the gateway, and all devices, servers, VMs, etc all on that one subnet. No VLANs at all. I've replaced the old switches with a stack of Brocade ICX 7250's...