Recent content by krista

1. K

[FS] [US-NC] Lab Clean Out/Moving Sale

question: how is validation on the supermicro a1sri-2758m coming along? i'm likely interested in it
  2. K

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro EN (MCX314A-BCCT)

heh, my home lab had fdr-ib on the rack and ran to a couple workstations in other rooms. then i had to move after a couple of decades there. my apartment doesn't even have ethernet... so i'm going into the crawlspace and adding ethernet... as well as a couple mtp/mpo runs between the...
  3. K

Is there an efficient way to move data inside RAM to another RAM location in C++ or C#?

etymology first! i have a terrible addiction to curiosity which is rapidly leading to terminal end-stage fascination. speaking of fascination, it's changed much since it was first used to describe a sort of evil spell from wiktionary "terabyte" has an interesting root etymology as well: tera...
  4. K

ES Xeon Discussion

has anyone seen any w9-3400x series es/es2/qs cpus floating around?
  5. K

Is there an efficient way to move data inside RAM to another RAM location in C++ or C#?

entirely possible as a lot of rdma api/lib sort of automagically do their i/o. unfortunately it's been a minute since i've played around with it. hopefully i'll get a chance to screw with my ib-fdr setup and ue5 and see if i can do something interesting using multiple servers for extremely...
  6. K

see if your rdma hw/lib/driver supports zero-copy: this *should* allow you to let the hw/lib/driver/kernel use your already allocated memory. if you just need a read-only copy, you can get funky and map its pages into a different process, so all that gets updated is the system and process...
  7. K

EU HP MSA70 24,99€

i honestly don't know for that model, but from me experience, trays are usually made specifically to a model line, and usually won't work with a different one. for example, that's a storageworks ma70. if you look in the manual, there's a couple of different editions that have a different number...
  8. K

EU HP MSA70 24,99€

linuxmanbg: i don't have one, but i'd say it should... assuming they're 2.5” drives that are backwards compatible to 3gbps or straight up 3gbps, and you can find a sled/tray for each drive, as this doesn't look trayless, especially without having front doors built in.
  9. K

EU HP MSA70 24,99€

:) i ended up going 12g myself after watching a friend **** with a pile of netapp and emc stuff for far too long. well, 12g for the ssds, and a bunch of hgst 7k6000 for bulk. i'm rambling tonight, but the single best storage purchase i've ever made was the hp lto-6 tape drive. around 2 months...
  10. K

EU HP MSA70 24,99€

good price, but without the sleds/trays and limited to sata v2 and sas v1 (3gbps) and 2.5” drives, you would have to get a fantastic deal on the sleds/trays to stick the drives in, and an spanking phenomenal deal on 400-1.2GB ssds to put in, as spinners won't be worth the effort, noise, or...
  11. K

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on ebay look strange

it appears these cages were to control airflow in a 1u ot 2u rack server. noisy little beasts of 40mm fans, sometimes 40x56mm!! and often shredding air at nearly 30,000 rpm while screaming like a constipated deamon child trying to pass yoko ono... while on fire. oh, and there's a large number of...
  12. K

krista is actively seeking employment, preferably writing intricate code in c, c++, or assembly...

krista is actively seeking employment, preferably writing intricate code in c, c++, or assembly for interesting and exotic new hardware.
  13. K

Cisco Nexus N5K-C5020P-BF 40-Port 10Gb Switch $75

dear goddess below, that thing is going to suck power like tornado tommy tom and a chrome trailer hitch! ... and person who saw the whole thing probably screamed as like the fans in that thing... running full bore, that will suck 12.5 amps @ 120v!