Recent content by Krailor

1. K

Tomorrow, March 20th, eBay is doing 15% off everything from 9am - 7pm Pacific Time.

The T&C states: Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories So far it's applied to all of the random SSDs, RAM, Motherboards, etc. I've looked at.
  2. K

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

SMR is meant for bulk storage; it does fine with sequential reads/writes but is horrible for random read/writes. So long as you're just using these drives to store data (backups, media, etc) and don't try to use them as a boot drive, install programs to them, or run VMs off of them you'll be fine.
  3. K

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

Amazon has them scheduled for release 11/29 for $160. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZP2B23/ref=twister_B01CQV9RDG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  4. K

Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN and Windows 10?

I've got one running in my Win 10 machine now. I put the card in and it Just Worked, no driver installs to worry about or anything.
  5. K

10Gb SFP+ single port = cheaper than dirt

I'm running Win 10 and the card just immediately worked when I turned my computer back on after installing it. Not even a driver install dialog, it just showed the network up and running at 10g. I'm connected to a MikroTik CRS210-8G-2S+IN with the other 10g port connected to a N54L running...
  6. K

Mikrotik CRS226

If you're running all of this in the same room and don't have to go through walls you could also get 2 direct attach cables instead. That might end up being cheaper than 4x transceivers + 2x patch cables.
  7. K

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

There's also this: MikroTik CRS210-8G-2S+IN Price: $187 1GbE - 8 10Gbase-T - 0 10Gb SFP+ - 2 Link - MikroTik CRS210-8G-2S+IN | Amazon