Recent content by KpoTz

1. K

[FS][US-MA] Homelab VM/Storage server

Those are, in fact a couple of 58GB P1600x Optane modules. Sorry for the confusion. I updated formatting a bit.
  2. K

[FS][US-MA] Homelab VM/Storage server

Hi, I am parting away with Homelab server, please see the specs below: Motherboard: SuperMicro X10SRi-F RAM: 128 GB DDR4-2333 ECC CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2667v4 Case: Fractal Define 7 w/10 HDD trays, 3x140mm fans, sound-damped front, top and side panels PSU: Gigabyte GM-750 modular Storage1: (2x)...
  3. K

Apple TimeMachine support on Napp-IT with SMB shares?

Still no luck, I get "disk does not support required capabilities" while trying to set the share as Time Machine disk opclock enabled #sharectl get smb system_comment= max_workers=2048 max_connections=65536 netbios_scope= netbios_enable=true client_lmauth_level=4 server_lmauth_level=5...
  4. K

Apple TimeMachine support on Napp-IT with SMB shares?

Just wanted to contribute here - I am on Solaris 11.4, and I use avahi daemon to automate dns-sd part of this setup. pkg install avahi create a file /etc/avahi/services/smb.service with following contents: <?xml version="1.0" standalone='no'?> <!DOCTYPE service-group SYSTEM "avahi-service.dtd">...
  5. K

OmniOS vs Solaris 11.4 SMB default behaviour

Hello Gea, Thank you for your reply and the link. You do have more info on OmniOS than the OmniOS site itself. On Solaris 11.4 "idmap add winname:Guest unixuser:nobody" takes care of the guest access to shares. I probably need to lower case Guest on that line for it to work on OmniOS, I would...
  6. K

OmniOS vs Solaris 11.4 SMB default behaviour

Hello, I have been running Solaris 11.4 file server at home for some time now. It serves few SMB shares - very simple workgroup mode setup. I can connect to \\servername form any Windows machine and get share list. there is a public share where any unauthenticated user can read from and write...
  7. K

[SOLD] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX354A 40/56Gb Dual Port -- $15/ea shipped

Hello, anyone who bought this - can you save the original firmware and share it, please. Thank you.
  8. K

Mellanox Connect-X 3 Oracle 7046442 Firmware

Hello, and sorry for bringing this thread up again - I was wondering if anyone bothered to save the original Sun/Oracle firmware from this card and can share, please. Thanks in advance.