Recent content by koyetsu

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Apparently the combination of NIC and Brocade switch don't like those transceivers. i got a 40gbe DAC in today and it is working perfectly. So...
  2. K

To the best of my knowledge yes. I also checked in the boot firmware and it appears to be in NIC mode...
  3. K

Rebooted switch, Swapped Transceivers, verified that it's in NIC mode not IB mode. Using SMF, Verified that all the stacking info is cleared. I have to be missing something... Edit: Plugged 2 transceivers into the 2 40gb ports and looped them and the ports came up. Problem is at the NIC...
  4. K

On the 6610 I had the same issue. It doesn't do anything with IP's and DHCP other than the management until you setup a VE for the vlan. conf t vlan 50 tagged e 1/1/2 router-interface ve 50 int ve 50 The above commands enter config, goto vlan 50, setup a virtual ethernet device of 50, and...
  5. K

I was speaking to an Engineer where I work and he thinks my issue is actually my fiber. the transceivers are SMF and all i have is multimode om2/3. I have some Single Mode fiber on order and will be here tomorrow. will do further investigation on the card if that doesn't pan out.
  6. K

SO trying to connect my ESXi host toi my ICX6610 via 1/2/1 or 1/2/6. VMWare says the link is up but brocade says it is down. The 6610 sees the transceiver, mtu's are the same. any tips on this? that is all the relevant stuff i can think of to this NIC: HP InfiniBand FDR/Ethernet 10Gb/40Gb...
  7. K

[FS] 2xHP EC200a Xeon D-1518 mini servers + 4x32GB PC4-2666 RDIMM

On full up servers yes you can assign the ilo to be shared with another nic but it doesn't make the ilo port avail to OS and on these you can't even do that. I could use a trick with managed switch and vlans but that is too much effort
  8. K

Not sure but keep it with it, i just haven't see the NIC for less than like $250 and i only paid like 140 for my ec200a's. The nic would just let me turn 1 of them into a pfsense box cause i need 3 nics and those only have 2. wasn't trying to get you to sell the nic just pointing out they are...
  9. K

i want the 4 port nic/comm board but don't need another of those servers...have 3. can't find the comm boards anywhere at a reasonable price. i haven't seen one for less than double what i paid for the server...
  10. K

[MO-US] Fiber tipping assistance

yes it's a raw 6 pair om4 fiber. in fact it's still on the spool at one end cause the left it. I know that the tools are expensive and i'm not sure what i'll need that is why i was looking for someone that does know and has the tools
  11. K

Bump, Any interest?
  12. K

Had a 12 Fiber OM4 cable ran today with no tips. Looking to put MPO connectors on them for QSFP+. Plan is 1 end will go into a QSFP+ on an ICX6610 and the other end will either goto a 40GB uplink or split to 4 10GB i do not have the tools or knowledge for this. i will pay for parts and throw...
  13. K

Moved to the small jobs thread WTB Fiber cable assistance in KC, Mo area

Had a 12 Fiber OM4 cable ran today with no tips. Looking to put MPO connectors on them for QSFP+. Plan is 1 end will go into a QSFP+ on an ICX6610 and the other end will either goto a 40GB uplink or split to 4 10GB i do not have the tools or knowledge for this. i will pay for parts and throw...
  14. K

Basement cleanout (KC/USA)

Let me think about it. i'm interested but just bought a house and i'm not sure i have that much disposable...my eyes may have been too big for my budget on this. i need to get a new FW and am in negotiations on that first
  15. K

Basement cleanout (KC/USA)

what do you mean by " front drive bay power supply is damaged " on the R720? is it the power cable/connector or the backplane that is damaged? And what kinda deal are we talking for the r720, all the processors, a 099GTM and 2 SAS9201-16e