Recent content by knubbze

1. K

Hitachi Harddisks Thread (5K3000, 7K3000, 7K2000)

What is this array firmware, and is it available for the 5K4000?
  2. K

Nope, still waiting for a reply...
  3. K

Hello, I recently purchased 4 HGST Deskstar 5K4000s (2 each from 2 different vendors). I chose this model because of their excellent failure rate statistics at Backblaze's reports, and the lower ~5400RPM speed, as they will all be running side-by-side in a HP Microserver, so I figured they'd...
  4. K

Monitor CPU temp in napp-it?

Is there any way to determine the current CPU temperature in napp-it (running on Solaris 11.1)?
  5. K

Should SMB service be running at startup?

I recently reinstalled Solaris+nappit on my machine, and found that I have to log into the web interface and manually start the SMB server service after every boot - is this normal? Because I'm sure that with the previous installation (before I reinstalled everything), the SMB server was already...
  6. K

Internal ZFS pool backup onto external HDD

UPDATE: I destroyed the destination pool and recreated it, unlocked the encrypted filesystem and tried to do a recursive replication of the whole source pool. Once again, only the other unencrypted pool was copied to the destination. So, I setup a separate replication job just for the encrypted...
  7. K

Thanks, yeah that makes sense. I ran the replication job, but unfortunately there was a problem: My pool contains two filesystems, one of which is encrypted. I forgot to unlock the encrypted one before I ran the replication job the first time, and only the unencrypted filesystem was replicated...
  8. K

Thanks, I'm running this now; hopefully I chose the correct options: Source pool: 'tank' (my RAIDZ2 zpool) Enable recursive: Enabled (because my source zpool contains two datasets/filesystems, but the page advises against this, why? I just want to replicate the whole pool with all of its...
  9. K

Can't mirror boot (USB) disk

Do I initialize the stick in Drive Management in Windows? I have already partitioned and formatted the stick with FAt32 to test it on my Windows machine before I plugged it into my Solaris 11.1 Microserver.
  10. K

This one is my preferred option; is it possible to do this via the webGUI? Again, is this possible to do via the napp-it webGUI, and how do I do it? Thanks again.
  11. K

Can't mirror boot (USB) disk

I'm running Solaris 11.1 with napp-it from an ultrafast USB flash drive (Sandisk Extreme 32GB), and I'm trying to use napp-it's 'mirror bootdisk' menu feature to create a mirror of my boot disk onto another identical flash drive, but it says that there are no mirror disks available: This...
  12. K

Yes it is, but I also want to protect myself against electrical storms/power surges, software/hardware error, fire, theft and flooding by keeping an offline/off-site copy :P
  13. K

I now have my HP Microserver running Solaris 11.1+napp-it, with a 4 x 2TB RAIDZ2 zpool (~3.6TB usable space). I also have an external eSATA 4TB HDD, which I want to 'mirror'/'replicate' (I'm not sure if these are the right terms) the data from the internal zpool onto. Am I able to do this from...
  14. K

Setting up/configuring SMB/SIFS shares in napp-it

Yeah I am actually using 11.1, I should've been more clear about that, sorry haha :)