Recent content by KioskAdmin

1. KioskAdmin

NetApp ONTAP Select VSA trial 90days download

I don't think we have many linking license violating uploads like this
  2. KioskAdmin

About the new Dell PowerEdge r6415 with 1S Epyc CPU

THREE new Dell models are on their VMware support site. VMware vSphere 6.5.x on Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers Compatibility Matrix They're weird. They've got 4 digit names.
  3. KioskAdmin

Building FreeNAS

Bit rot! ZFS is good for that but I'd be more worried about spinning disks failing and what the capacity growth rates are. 18TB is 2 drives these days.
  4. KioskAdmin

EXPIRED Intel 1.6TB DC SSD P3605 - $470 BIN

These aren't new in bag drives right? Any manufacturing date?
  5. KioskAdmin

Intel Xeon E5-2680v2

what @msg7086 said too.
  6. KioskAdmin

An attempt to improve Dell poweredge 2900 (rack) with lga 2011v3 mainboard

Dell and HP use custom backplanes. Even some SM stuff does now too so you can't use atx psus with everything anymore
  7. KioskAdmin

Intel Xeon E5-2680v2

I clicked on the OP's link and it was like $1250. Here's a $170 with best offer link SR1A6 INTEL XEON E5-2680V2 10 CORE 2.80GHz 25M 8 GT/s 115W PROCESSOR FOR SERVERS | eBay and it's from a known seller that I've bought from many times before. V1 to V2 was 32 to 22nm
  8. KioskAdmin

The Free Edition of Xenserver is Getting Gimped

Xen is going to die except for vdi. Amazon is going KVM. Everyone else will follow.
  9. KioskAdmin

Looking for a simple webbased Linux server monitoring tool?

@MiniKnight netdata is awesome but the OP will need to put it on a cheap VM outside of his network. @cij it's a good monitoring tool and it can run on a very cheap VPS.
  10. KioskAdmin

Exploring the Best ZFS ZIL SLOG SSD with Intel Optane and NAND

The margins are in the marketing!
  11. KioskAdmin

Current AEON profitability

CPU good GPU not as good but ok
  12. KioskAdmin

XenForo 2 when do we get it?

Now that this is out and free to upgrade to, when do we get it? XenForo 2.0.0 & Add-ons Released
  13. KioskAdmin

New HGST SAS3 800G $380

These are $379 with lots sold New HGST SSD1600MR-HUSMR1680ASS201 800 GB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive | eBay Good deal since they're new.
  14. KioskAdmin

High density DAS in 1U or 2U?

How deep is your rack?
  15. KioskAdmin

Picking up mining again

@XanderVR Docker on windows runs in a vm anyway so it's essentially the same difference