Recent content by kimbo

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thank you for the link! :) Everything is reporting as normal (see below), but the Tx Bias seems high to me. Is there anyway to see what the normal range is? I'm using LC UPC OS2 fibre if that makes a difference. Port Temperature Tx Power Rx Power Tx Bias Current...
  2. K

I have two 6450s connected via Brocade branded SFP+ modules. Can I use optical monitoring to check signal strength?
  3. K

Mine shows the same. Fingers crossed that the fan issue is the only issue, and it stays alive! Cool :) My switch is non-POE, so that should help with heat. I think I'll try a NF-A4x20 FLX, and I'll report back. Thanks for the help.
  4. K

I think so. The update failed twice with CRC errors, but then seemed to work. Is there a way to check if it updated successfully? Do you think the CRC errors might be connected (or it might just have been my bad wifi)? Cool. Did you go for the NF-A4x10 or NF-A4x20?
  5. K

Hi again, I've finally been able to set up my Brocade ICX 6450-24, and my recently arrived ICX 6450-48! Two things... On the ICX 6450-48 the fans never spin down from full speed, even though "show chassis" says it's at "speed 1". Is this a known issue? And I'd like to make another request...
  6. K

Hi all, I've recently got a Brocade ICX 6450-24 (no PoE), I'm just waiting for a console cable to arrive. Very excited! While the fan noise isn't too bad, it's louder than my family will want to put up with. I'll be using about half of the ethernet ports, and two or three of the 10gbE SFP+...