Recent content by Khampol

1. K

Supermicro SYS-5018A-LTN4 for last Pfsense ?

A dual ... Not too much for Pfsense ? For ours I finally make a build with a very low energy consume as Xeon E3-1220LV2 (17W) + 8 Gb ram + SM DOM ssd 16Gb. Which is widely enough for us. (SuperServer 5017C-MF). ... But still waiting for the quad ethernet card ...
  2. K

Ok see it but our choice will be even better and bigger :D:D:D .... Here for our new gateway of defense : SM SYS-5018D-MF ( + 8Gb ram and a Xeon E3-1240LV3 ). I add also Intel Ethernet Server Adapter x4 LAN, and last but not least i will use SSD (x2 in case of...) Eh voila!
  3. K

Nothing very big. Just pfsense, snort, ntop would be very enough. Actually our old system have "only" 8Gb and widely enough (less than 12% used). Btw this one include 4C too. D'OH! Oh.. Forget to tell that I already have spare parts as RAM 32Gb and a dual card Lan.
  4. K

I find this interesting old article : https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-sys-5018a-ltn4-review-low-power-networking-appliance/ Really wonder if its still worthy in 2019 to grab Supermicro SYS-5018A-LTN4 for the last version of Pfsense ?
  5. K

How many IP i need ?

:confused:... I dont get all how fix it etc... Especially for power. The cable use for it can be buy ?....
  6. K

How many IP i need ?

ok. Can you explain me how to fix this behind a 1U. And how to do when have only power plug for the server...??
  7. K

How many IP i need ?

Hey thanks for good suggestion. I noted that. I just find here a provider that accept (for free) that i passthough a firewall to ipmi securely :D:D so good !
  8. K

How many IP i need ?

AHhhhh..... If only it exist a kind of device like just a card insert to a slot then doing the job because I dont have at all a budget for another 1u firewall and not sure datacenter can provide a port in their firewall for free/minimal cost.
  9. K

How many IP i need ?

Ok. All works as expected : I use only 1 for all (All VM + ipmi + Esxi). But.... There is a BIG problem with this method as when the firewall (VM) is turn OFF the access IPMI and Esxi are all DOWN.... :( Sure I can just add 1 IP dedicated for IPMI and Esxi magement to my package but then, I am...
  10. K

How many IP i need ?

Hi guys. Thanks for all your suggestions and good advices. "You could set up a router VM and nat all of the IPs behind it" Yep, I am doing this ;) "It's probably safest to assume that anyone who can talk directly to the IPMI interface can take direct control of the system's hardware...
  11. K

How many IP i need ?

What if i use a VM like a router/fw/dhcp-svr, then manage access and ip(s) VMs with ports ? ( like at home ;)) Well. My need is not very complex. A server web, a virtual desktop (vnc or like..) and lastly maybe a kind of ERP with access other port than 80 or 443. Voila. I ll host it as...
  12. K

How many IP i need ?

I need to know for for a Superserver with ipmi management + exsi with 3 vm.
  13. K

2 CPUs from china, both of them have issue with memory

I just bought also one E5-2680 V3. But RAM all new brand from Newegg. So far so good.