1. K

FS: sold

PM'd
  2. K

FS: sold

PM'd
  3. K

Quiet Rackmount Server

Go with a lenovo RD450, they are amazingly quiet and work with v3/v4 xeons. I've gone through many systems (Dell R710, R720, R815s, Supermicro 1, 2, and 4U including the 846 - w/ x8, x9, and x10 motherboards) and they are all crazy loud compared to the RD450's. My current setup is: Server #1...
  4. K

FS: Xeon Workstation, Supermicro Parts, Basement Cleanout

Added Supermicro power supplies, I will be putting up the various parts of the two servers in the next day or so (backplanes, electronics, etc). Drives are all sold.
  5. K

Added Links to Ebay for Motherboard/CPU/RAM, VideoCard, and Hard Drive LOT (looks like I have 15 available).
  6. K

I just posted the smart data for the array, I used the format that I use to find errors which includes the normal indicators.
  7. K

+---------------+------------------+-----------------+----------------+-----------------------+------------------------+-----------------------+--------------+-------+ | size | product | serial | Power_On_Hours | Reallocated_Sector_Ct | Current_Pending_Sector |...
  8. K

WTB: 3TB or larger drives

I've had good success with the Toshiba Enterprise drives, only 1 failure on any smart test, and that was with a drive that had < 400 hours when it failed.
  9. K

I just updated my drive prices in the other thread, apparently I was looking for to much. $650 - 12 3TB Drives (All Toshiba MG03ACA3 Enterprise Drives) - All pass smart tests with between 3500 and 17000 hours - Note: I will throw in a 13th 3TB drive as a spare. $600 - 12 3TB Drives...
  10. K

Added new server and updated prices for the drives as I apparently was a bit high.
  11. K

If interested, I posted two lots of 12 Drives earlier today in a FS thread, as I am cleaning out my basement (moving to new servers), $900 - 12 3TB Drives (All Toshiba MG03ACA3 Enterprise Drives) - All pass smart tests with between 3500 and 17000 hours $800 - 12 3TB Drives...
  12. K

I recently finished a basement upgrade (replacing a 12-bay and 36-bay supermicro), so I have a few parts available. I moved from the supermicro servers to Lenovo RD450s as the Lenovos are quieter than the supermicro systems. (Amazingly, a while back, I moved from dell to supermicro and was...
  13. K

FS: 128GB PC3-12800R, Skreens, Dell T7910 Workstation + More.

Updated prices, and first push of items to ebay. Thread title updated to reflect.