Recent content by kemic

1. K

Help me pick a raid card

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-h12ssl-i-h12ssl-c-h12ssl-nt-h12ssl-ct-boards-notes-experiences.33468/ Check number 6 on this link. I think I’m ok assuming this is accurate. :) x8 PCIe 4 lanes to the cpu. Break out cable has two oculink ports on it so I assumed that...
  2. K

Help me pick a raid card

Thanks for all the input everyone! Ended up with a m2 > oculink > backplane > u2 (two drives) and a slimsas > oculink breakout cable > backplane > u2 (two drives). Should be no bottlenecks and PCIe4, though I don’t have a PCIe4 drive to test with yet… Everything seems to be working as expected...
  3. K

Help me pick a raid card

I was looking at those for sure! Unfortunately this system has 3x MI25 GPUs in it so there’s only two free PCIe slots. One dedicated to 40Gbe Ethernet and the other I was planning an HBA for a TrueNAS VM (pcie pass thru). I suppose I could have the NAS be sata instead of sas. Haven’t bought the...
  4. K

Help me pick a raid card

h12ssl-I and epyc 7713. I’ve been looking into just using the onboard nvme, looks like I can do 2 onboard and 2 on the slimsas breakout. But the 2 on board will be buried by GPUs, so they might get hot. And with the original goal of using that hybrid backplane - I’m now looking and m2 to...
  5. K

Help me pick a raid card

Oh wow. Yea that’s a bit out of budget. I was thinking something like the 9460-16i. Unless I’m mistaking its capabilities. I was interested in running just a small raid10 for VMs. Maybe 4x2TB u2 drives. Or even a raid1 mirror. Since posting I’ve also been looking at the supermicro cards...
  6. K

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

H12SSL-I - WX9100 (MI25 with WX9100 bios) and MI25 work (system boots fine) however the BMC isn't detecting any temps from the WX9100. As a result the fans kick up full tilt on the system. FYI have not tested video output on the WX9100 flash as the fan noise is unsustainable in my environment. I...
  7. K

Help me pick a raid card

A Supermicro system I have has this backplane: https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/BPN-SAS3-747TQ-N4.pdf I’m looking to setup an nvme hardware raid to use as virtual machine storage in xcpng (4 drives). The other ports on this backplane I’m hoping to use for some traditional sas/sata...
  8. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I have 4 ICX6610s in a stack using the 40Gbe ports on the back (not the 4x10Gbe break out ports). From the official data sheet and first post on this thread, it's mentioned that all of the rear ports are for stacking (which is of course not true)...
  9. K

Thanks for the reply. Switch is an ICX 6610 with router FW. Ports I'm using are 1/2/2 and 1/2/3. Dynamic LACP. Latest stable version of TrueNAS core on the other end, went thru the prompts to create the lag on the TrueNAS and everything is all good only had to reboot the switch to make the...
  10. K

Forgive me if this has been addressed in this massive thread already… I’m trying to configure the rear ports as an LACP lag and for some reason when I add the lag primary port to a vlan as a tagged port, one of the ports in the lag goes down and won’t come back up until I reboot the switch. I...
  11. K

C3750x replacement for home network/lab (ICX6610?)

Replaced a Cisco 3750G stack (2x24 port) with a single ICX 6610 48 port. I couldn’t be happier. The CLI on the Brocade is not bad at all… I assumed there would be more of a learning curve.
  12. K

Chassis Recommendation (X10SLH-LN6TF)

I just snagged one of these motherboards from eBay: https://www.supermicro.com/wdl/ISO_Extracted/CDR-X10-UP_1.13_for_Intel_X10_UP_platform/MANUALS/X10SLH-LN6TF.pdf Ideally I'd like to keep the X10SLH-LN6TF in a 1U case but still have access to the PCIe slot. The PCIe card I want to run in it...
  13. K

Plenafill or similar product

Yea, if I had a dc to worry about it would be a sweet deal, I only have one 42u (half full) rack in an electrical closet. :). I’ll probably just end up with some plastic or metal blanks. If only I could find some place that would sell me just one 27u sheet... Ty for the replies
  14. K

Plenafill or similar product

19" PlenaFill Parts List | CompuSpace/Plenaform Systems Sorry if this is the wrong place, looking for something like this to fill in some empty rack space. Anyone have any recommendations? Only price I found online for these was like $600+ for 10x27U ...
  15. K

Hi, I saw an old post where you mentioned the Sun F20 firmware (latest). If you still have...

Hi, I saw an old post where you mentioned the Sun F20 firmware (latest). If you still have access/entitlements to this, can you send a copy my way? i.kemic@gmail.com Thanks!