Recent content by katit

1. K

PCIe SSDs on older server question

@nexox I think I will just go with 2x E5-2667 V2 Another week to deliver, but I am not in rush :)
  2. K

I wonder if thats a thing?? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007142/server-products.html So, according to this, E5-2687W V2 that I got is not supported? Out of those listed, which ones would be the best?
  3. K

Replaced CPUs today and server wouldn't boot. It starts and shuts and starts and shuts.. Any idea what could be wrong? I simply replaced CPUs (new paste)
  4. K

This is how it was with new disk. And it wouldn't create partition larger than 2Tb
  5. K

Partition is not a problem. I can remove/repartition right in wizard. Second error is what I was getting with brand new disks out of the box.
  6. K

Just to double-check I tried booting again with only NVMe disks from Windows install USB and got this. So, Clover should technically "fool" Windows installer to think that hardware "supports" booting from that disk?
  7. K

Yes, "boot installer USB stick through the Clover stick" is seem like how it's done. On video below around 2:50 it's shows that. I need to try that
  8. K

:) I am not getting it. Installing windows "regular" way for me - is to install it from USB bootable stick. It just starts (install) automatically. But it doesn't allow/support those NVMe disks as target for install. See previous page for detail. Thats why I am not connecting 2+2. What is...
  9. K

In theory I understand, but I am confused here: Step 15. What does it mean "install as usual"? Usually, I have bootable instal USB with ISO (made with Rufus). This is how I install OS. So how do "install" after booting with clover?
  10. K

You got me convinced. I already ordered pair of S3500s but I'd like to try bootable USB stick. Is there any tutorial for making one for Windows server? I found this, but it's not the same: How to Create a Windows Server 2022 Bootable USB I already made USB for Windows server install, but it...
  11. K

I also browsed through BIOS options and not sure if anything from there looks like I can use? Not sure what it this, but seems like it sees something in PCI? I don't know what it means and it needs me to enter "Path for boot option" Also, not sure if any of this need to be changed. And...
  12. K

I tried first utility but it wouldn't open BIOS file I have:
  13. K

But cmon, I am trying to learn, this is what those threads for :) I didn't claim being sysadmin.
  14. K

For boot USB what I mean I dont' know how to do that, and I don't understand how I can have it replaceable in case this USB drive goes bad.
  15. K

That would be a black belt type of kung-fu :) Modifying BIOS, etc. I don't want to have USB boot stick. I want to have mirrored boot drive so I don't lose host OS. To me it seems logical. If I have issue with drive, I just replace one and keep on going. Hyper-V: I know enough to be dangerous...