Recent content by Kartright

1. K

New TrueNAS build - Slow Performance?

Many thanks for your response. I took your advice and experimented around. I swap the LSI again back to the HP 840ar controller and could verify, that the LSI 9305-16i HBA is definitly faster. I understand now, why everyone recommends it. I also tested different layouts using my 12 disks and...
  2. K

I understand. So I should leave it as it is now and be happy? :D Unfortuantely I do not have any additional slot free, so I cannot go with a hotspare. My hotspare is currently in safe place to be ready when needed :)
  3. K

As I do not have a reference from other users in similar configurations or any experience with ZFS pools, I'm quite unsure if the performance is good. I never had a ZFS pool like this, I tried to examine best hardware, but I'm still not convinced if the performance is to be expected and what I...
  4. K

Hi all, I recently created a new NAS using TrueNAS to replace my old self-built hardware RAID-based NAS. The NAS is part of my homelab and consists of two datasets: 1) The first dataset contains media files for Plex 2) The second dataset contains application data for various applications. An...