Recent content by KarlFranz

1. K

HGST 8TB SAS 0F27356 $199 in CDW Outlet

link work in canada too.
  2. K

Storage space dual parity upgrade help

FriendlyName ResiliencySettingName NumberOfColumns NumberOfDataCopies ------------ --------------------- --------------- ------------------ Music Parity 5 1 ServerData Parity 5 1 Series Parity...
  3. K

number of columns... a concept I have difficulty to understand. And I didn't see it in the GUI version of Storage Space. Can I display the specs (like number of columns) of my actual drive with a Powershell command ?
  4. K

It asus pike controller. https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/PIKE_2008/ The board have specific slot to put this card. This card enable 8x sata3 port on the motherboard. The remaning drive are connected in this 8 ports. Nothing connected in the built in 6x Sata2 port of...
  5. K

I read a lot. For now. I think switch to Drivepool + Snapraid. Good idea?
  6. K

Hi. I currently have a 15x drives pool in windows server 2016. 2x 6tb. 11x 3tb. 2x 2tb. Currently run out of space and planning buy some new drives. I planned buy 3x 8tb wd red drives. But currently I have bad read/write performance. Having some advice for me to rise the performance of my...
  7. K

Passthrough cheap raid card

Currently with my 15x cheap sata drive storage space. I run at 10-40MBps read/write. Yeah pretty slow
  8. K

I've tried esata sans disk digital in the past. Both of the 4xdisk have fail in near same time. Loose many data. The web interface come from the prehistoric age. Sans disk enclosure. Never again for me.
  9. K

Yeah i know storage space is slow. But i like it because it easy to use. Add a physical drive. Create many volume. Grow volume on the fly. Have security if losing up to 2 drives. If you know an alternative also easy to use but more performance I want to know.
  10. K

$10/TB or less 3, 4, 6 TB SAS drives

Thank you for the cable guide. I will learn many thing in this. Already have some 1 to 4 sata cable. Just found the 1 to 4 sas cable version . It's 1 to 4 sff-8482. Thank you.
  11. K

I already have some hba card. But only have 1 to 4 sata cable plug in. Can I buy some 1 to 4 sas cable or for sas drive its only 1 to 1? I think it the cable I unable to figure. What I realpy need.
  12. K

What I need to use they drive in my home server? First time with sas drive. Only have sata drive now. Thank you
  13. K

Sas card and sas cable

Hi. If I want to buy some used sas disk at good price, witch card and/or cable I need to make it work? I currently have 16 sata disk in my home server. I still have some pcie available. I want replace old 2TB drives with bigger one 6,8,10 drives.
  14. K

External raid card

So this could be a good exemple a external case to buy? DELL PowerVault MD3000 14x 3.5" bays with caddy 250$ DELL EqualLogic PS400 14x 3.5" bays with caddy 400$ I currently have a 4u rosewing 15x bays with 2x2tb, 11x3tb and 2x6tb. I need to choice. Buy 2x 10tb new drives $$$$$ Or buy a...
  15. K

External raid card

If i understand this link https://www.servethehome.com/sas-expanders-diy-cheap-low-cost-jbod-enclosures-raid/ I can create my own external sas jbod case Each external port can be connect to a sas expander in another case with 8, 16, 20 drives?