Recent content by Kanid99

1. K

Xyratex SBB enclosures and compatible controllers

As a followup - At first all I could get was gibberish. I realized by accident with the 3.5mm cable partially removed, I saw the output from the server, but could not do any input. It occurred to me at that point that in my connection somehow the input and outputs were reversed. I got a null...
  2. K

ehh oops. Well nothing obvious burnt out but it didnt work.
  3. K

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious about this. Im confused about RS232 cables and despite all my reading I dont seem to understand this question. Is a cable I buy from say, Amazon that has a 3.5mm end and an RS232 end pinned the same as this or do I need this proprietary cable...
  4. K

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

Also I tried starting it with the 12v aux cable not plugged in and the voltage sensors read differently. Where the P_1V05 sensor read .46v before now it reads the corrrect amount (1.06v) though now P_1v2 is not receiving the correct voltage and now neither is 1V5 . To me this suggests an...
  5. K

Thats what I did - took the motherboard out of the chassis and put it on my test bench where I have a separate set of components to work with. Looking it over yields no obviously defective/blown looking SMDs or other components. The only thing I noticed was that there is a set of resistors under...
  6. K

Sounds easier than it is, I bet.
  7. K

Purchased a used DATTO unit on ebay with this board and having an issue - voltage sensors showing the following - how do I find what component is busted that is causing VCCIN to be 0 and 1V05 to be ~.5v instead of 1.05?
  8. K

Datto Xeon D 1541 board -- $501.15 shipped + 6/8% ebay bucks for some

Anyone have trouble updating the bios? My system freezes when trying to update.
  9. K

Node 304

Node 304
  10. K

U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Unab says 52mm. That says, I just got a reply on Facebook from Silverstone that the cs381 is coming this quarter so I'll wait
  11. K

Gigabyte MD70-Datto on eBay

I've seen a few of these on eBay for good prices, does anyone have experience with these? When they boot is it a custom BIOS or will I be able to install any os from the get go?
  12. K

Looking at your build pictures it "looks" like 15-20mm more space in there (.5-.75inch) maybe. That cooler is 37mm high at 50-60mm sounds like the maximum but at sixty Id cut some holes in the roof ;)
  13. K

Conjecture for me. I've read some that say up to 60mm so (shrug) Anyone able to measure who has one?
  14. K

The cooling problem is a good one - At first I thought about running a liquid cooler radiator behind the two 120mm fans in the back but I think the tube run would be too long to go along the side by the power supply unless I made a custom solution. The other thought is a Dynatron R31, remove...