Recent content by Kamilion

1. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Typically the ODM shipped with a Fortron Source Power Group FSP084-DIBAN2 12V 7A Power Supply. Any 5A brick supply with active regulation should be fine, I've used the physically smaller FSP060-DIBAN2 12V 5A supply without issue, but I didn't have any SATA spinning disks in the machine to...
  2. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Yeah, I'll definitely do that after I get some free time next week. I can only assume my moderated post was approved cause I was a one-post nooblet. Also, since I've kinda made this thread blow up; maybe someone wants to post about their build in another thread and I'll crosspost the technical...
  3. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Ah crap, i just found the rules thread in the other trade forum... Guess that means I shouldn't actually be 'advertising', and thus I shan't post any ebay links. Either way, as a hardware nerd, I'll stick with documenting the quirks I find... I guess all the rules allow me to do is tell what...
  4. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Nope. The units we get in have $vendor's sticker on there. We razor off the section of sticker with their logo, typically. 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB ECC sticks are the only things I've seen. I believe they come from ATP. As far as I've seen, no instances of PC3L in these series of units, only PC3 with...
  5. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Yeah, sorry, I included a github link while editing the post and the forum must have flagged me for it. Probably looka-lika-bot. We've not put our stock up yet; I've been busy trying to mask the logo off the lid. Unlike the rest of the ebay sellers, we're a direct downstream from $vendor. Our...
  6. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Just the usual ipmitool once you've gotten a distro loaded. Force a password change with `ipmitool user set password 2 ADMIN` or your choice of password. After that, `ipmitool lan print` to discover it's IP, and open it with a web browser to get iKVM access at up to 1280x1024. Lubuntu works...